Need some help please

Hey everyone :) Got this amazing sim last week and today I did my first proper race with A.I. One thing that striked me is how much knowledge I lack in sim racing or racing in general. I went for a 20 lap race with the Corvette, but how should I manage my race strategy? I'm very used to going flatout as if the whole race was a qualification. Should I fill up my car with enough petrol to last 20 laps or go for a pit half way? Do I need to spare my tires, and is this usual in sim racing to drive slower to save fuel and tires?

Some tips would be much appreciated, thanks!

Hey everyone :) Got this amazing sim last week and today I did my first proper race with A.I. One thing that striked me is how much knowledge I lack in sim racing or racing in general. I went for a 20 lap race with the Corvette, but how should I manage my race strategy? I'm very used to going flatout as if the whole race was a qualification. Should I fill up my car with enough petrol to last 20 laps or go for a pit half way? Do I need to spare my tires, and is this usual in sim racing to drive slower to save fuel and tires?

Some tips would be much appreciated, thanks!
You need to fill up with enough fuel, drive at about 90-95% and not pit. In the endurace series we recently did (VWEC), the guys were able to drive at this percentage for 30 laps at bahrain (full tank) and losail.
if you are struggling, you need to focus on what is killing the tyres e.g. sliding under braking or throttle

You will also have to consider how you want to do the race, the duration of the race migth allow for some diferent strategies to work very similarly, you can go the entire race without stopping, but you will have to drive slower and take care of the tires, or you can push a bit more and go for a pit halfway, you just have to see whaty works best for you and if the time you gain going a but faster in every lap will make up for the time lost in a pitstop

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back