• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Need help with PC car setup

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Joe Hubbard, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    I was looking in the "setups" forum for car setups for Barain. However I'm not sure if there is a difference between PC, Ps3, or xbox. I had tried a few of them that I saw but perhaps I'm doing something wrong, they are in a different car, or not completely on "full real" I guess you would call it. I am going for no driving aids, tire sim on, and fuel sim on. If I even use more than a 1/4 throtle I'm spinning and have no traction at all. I honestly do NOT see how people are claiming 1:50 lap times with full real on. The best I've been able to get was about 2:17 without spinning while the top lap times from the AI drivers are on average 2:00 during practice. I'm not an F1 expert at all, however I do love it! It's just to bad we don't get more of it to see where I live here in Texas.

So if you could give me a pointer or two I would appreciate it.

1. PC only
    2. New Career 7 seasons, professional (HTR, Lotus, or Virgin)
    3. Car setup

Thanks again!!!

2. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    I dont' get whats up, can someone please tell me... During practice and trying to qualify I was able to drop the said above to 2:11 ok. AI was pushing 1:52 for the pole. I of course was in last for the start of the race. I did a 50% race and finished first by over 80 seconds. The AI was doing about 2:35 laps, what is the huge difference about?

3. Joe Hubbard

Joe Hubbard

Ratings:
    +7
    Ok I need a I'm with stupid T-shirt with an arrow pointing up... lol... I ran accross a forum post that had some info in it about the damage mod also having less grip as a part of it. So I uninstalled and reinstalled and low and behold with it on full real, tire sim on, and fuel sim on I have no problems now. I don't know it I missed the part about the grip or what but needless to say I might not be the only one that didn't know about that. I also had a harder time catching and keeping up with a few of the AI so it feels a bit better.