need help with gearbox

so, i'm converting a 2013 SRT Viper from GTA (yes i have permission)
when i run the car, it instantly goes into 5th gear and won't come out of it.
it has something to do with torque.crv and the gearbox in car.ini; i know that much. but if anyone could help here it would be much appreciated.

engine.shifting.shift_up_rpm and engine.shifting.shift_down_rpm are the primary things controlling the automatic gearbox.

Should be near the ends of the rpm range, eg. on a car that idles at 1000 and redlines at 7000, they could be shift_up_rpm = 6500 and shift_down_rpm=2000.

Well, i already did that. are there any specific values you would recommend for a max. torque of 814 Nm. and a max. RPM of 6400?
Edit:
I've got this problem fixed, still need a bit better of a torque curve but now it only stays in 1st, and attempts to shift up but shifts right back down. ANY HELP is awesome.
Double Edit:
It's also @ max rpm very quickly after beginning acceleration.any ideas?

Last edited:
lower your shift down rpm...compare your gearbox ratios to the real car and if you car have a max. torque of ~800Nm+ your value for the clutch should be higher than 800...
if this not helps, use a car.ini from a existing car and change it to fit to yours....

Also I'd actually change the vehicle from automatic=1 to 0 then it won't automatically shift (as far as I know all Vipers ever, have had manual transmissions). and like Alex said change the clutch torque to above the engine torque.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%