Need help on terrain strategies?

davef_dci

Premium
Hey kind folks. new to Bob's Track Buider and could use a bit of assistance on strategy. I've laid in my main track by exporting a KLM file from Google Earth and so far so good. I'd like to add some of adjacent access roads and pit/in pit/out. But the track surface has not just the paved section but a strip of grass on either side, meaning my adjacent roads are not blending smoothly with my main track (see image).

Is the proper solution to remove the grass strips from either side of the main track? If so, how is this best accomplished? Thank you so very much for the help?

c.png

So a similar question. I watched Piddy's video on blending two sections of track together. in his Edit Surface menu he has the ability to split (add) a surface in the top view. But in my version of BTB this option does not exist. Is there a different version someplace or did this feature get degraded away?

In his video:

1680494188855.png

In my menu:

1680494243498.png

So a similar question. I watched Piddy's video on blending two sections of track together. in his Edit Surface menu he has the ability to split (add) a surface in the top view. But in my version of BTB this option does not exist. Is there a different version someplace or did this feature get degraded away?

In his video:

View attachment 652385

In my menu:

View attachment 652386
Similar to above, adding/splitting the road surface has changed. You now need to do it in 3D VIEW, hold down the CTRL KEY on the keyboard, and then click on the track surface where you want the split/line.

I was afraid of that. It's pretty hard to work in 3D - primarily because I'm working on top of a track map image but also because my "zoom" and "pan" is excoriatingly slow and multiple spins of my scroll wheel have very little impact. I'm assuming there isn't a clean way to reset my zoom speed?

Also - a quick question - I'd like to build some very simple road signs that I can base off of existing signs in the Australia expansion pack. Does anyone have a link to a quick tutorial on how to create objects for BTB?

From what I can see, this program stopped being developed in 2009???? If that's so it's absolutely amazing. I can only wonder what this program would look like now if the author had continued to actively develop it - He has some mad skillz no doubt!

Thanks for your help!

"Zoom"

If you press and hold the SHIFT key, it speeds up the zoom function.

Sketchup was the 3d modelling software of choice with btb back in the day. various youtube videos out there.

The newest version of software made by Brendon is Race Track Builder, but some people prefer to stay with the original btb.

Last edited:
I have both Bobs Track Builder and Race Track Builder.
Race Track Builder has got great new functions, compared to Bobs Track Builder, like importing the terrain, merging of tracks etc. On the downside, Race Track Builder is more heavily aimed at Assetto Corsa, doesn't have a direct output to any game/sim compared to Bobs Track Builder.

The guy who made Ozarks International Raceway in Assetto Corsa, used Race Track Builder.

I also use BTB and was working on a tack for AC.. but in doubt if I stay working in BTB or I've to switch to the more expensive RTB .. I read some issues with exporting textures in BTB aren't working great and I've to do/change things manualy to get the track into the game ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back