(Need Help) CSL DD 8nM no grip loss feeling

SOLVED

Everything was a matter of getting used to a DD wheel, while coming from a belt one. Plus a matter of correct settings, especially also the car-by-car ffb adjustments within the games.
I used all the fanatec-recommendations and adjusted them always a bit. Now i am very pleased with the wheel.

Btw. seaking of fana-recommendations - right now it´s no more necessary to run the compatibility mode (they should update this) because the wheel is immidiatly recognized by all the actuall titles.

Maybe if someone stimm plays AMS1 oder the old sim bins, there is still a sense to run compatibility mode.

Hi everyone,

I moved from my good old T300 to the wheel above. To make it short: I just tested AC and AMS2 so far. I have used profile and ingame settings - fanatec recommendation and from youtube some Ermin guy and Timo Dick so far.
And i am extremly disappointed so far with AC. Yes the wheel is powerful in comprersation with the T300 it´s even smoother and more precise. I have also noticed much more lik road surface details.
BUT there is a big BUT : Like the title says: I can barely feel any grip loss ?! Likewise i can`t feel any over- or understeer effect ? Eveyrything feels overpowered but just numb (no clipping, far away from that).

So i am wondering whats going on? I mean it can`t be my old belt driven wheel is miles ahead in that discipline :(
The wheel was reviewed here some time ago and the following sentence was said: "Catching slides will be even easier than before, and finding the limits of your tyres will come more naturally."
Thats the main reason i wanted to "upgrade" but right now it just feels like an downgrade in exactly these case. Catching slides seems harder because i don´t feel the tyres at all...

Btw. I did not use the compatibility mode, but normal PC mode. Wheel was detectec just as Fanatec wheel. Should i always run the Fanalab ? or it´s enough to have the profiler "open" with the given profile.

I have also made a quick AMS2 test. It feels far better than AC, but also not that good as with the T300.
So guys i desperatly need your advices, help or settings.... i am already thinking of returning the wheel.

edit: For information - i have the universal hub2 with a R30cm podium wheel

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Damn, that's not at all what I was expecting. I'll check my settings later, but I actually think I'm running it almost in default. I have to confess I haven't tried AC since getting my DD+, so I'll also give that a try later. I have mainly been using it with AMS2 due to running the races here and I also haven't ventured into Fanalab yet, mainly because I'm not skipping between sims regularly.

Damn, that's not at all what I was expecting. I'll check my settings later, but I actually think I'm running it almost in default. I have to confess I haven't tried AC since getting my DD+, so I'll also give that a try later. I have mainly been using it with AMS2 due to running the races here and I also haven't ventured into Fanalab yet, mainly because I'm not skipping between sims regularly.
After some hours of testing i think i begin slowly to understand the DD funtionality. First i had massiv reduce all ingame car ffb´s evan i was not even close to clipping (It´s unusual for a belt driver :rolleyes: not to adapt to the clipping "line" ) After that i reduced damper here and there and voiles i am not right there where i want to be but it´s going right direction and i found the fun back.
Taken tommorow work off just to experment with all 6 sims i am driving :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea