Need for Speed: The Run

The only game i will ever from these folks are shift 2.Need for speed should be bin they focus too much on xbox and porting. They must think the world revolves around xbox.

OMFG look at that ugly Xbox jagged pixelated graphics.

AprilSwift. Seriously. First off I won't be buying this game as it's just not my type of racer. Secondly I'm a PC gamer. But the video footage in those videos is not even from an Xbox. It's from a PC. The game is using the frostbite 2 engine. Which is graphically one of the best engines there is. There are no jagged pixelated graphics in that video. There will be in the Xbox release, I give you that. But not in this video.

Yeah for race lovers this game is very best and i have played almost all the versions of this game and need for speed undercover was also best and there is also a huge adventure in this game.

I am hoping to rent this tomorrow from the local blockbusters on the Xbox 360.
I have heard The Run part of the game is short.

I have played NFS since NFS Underground on the PC.
Last NFS I played was NFS Hot Pursuit on the Xbox 360 found it easy and completed it, including all DLC.

NFS the Run

Hello, hello this is a good game but I have a problem, No force feedback with Thrustmaster T500 RS Someone should have the same problem! thank you and good road on PC! thank you

my English is not good sorry

The handling is a little poor in parts especially at high speeds, even with a wheel its very hard to stop it weaving but not a mjor concern its copable, the story does seem a bit short but there is a extreme mode to unlock....yet again many modders will spoil that aspect by releasing mods that unlock it without earning it (no ofense modders but you always do).

This game comes to life online in all honesty a lot of achievements online to get and there is the autolog challenge as well.

There seems to be lack of ffb tweaks and advanced setting for wheel in the game im hoping they fix that with a patch at the moment we have to rely on our profiler for this which isnt ideal, there should also be game options for the settings too.

I have this on my 360 and love it. (XBox Live: rabin2005)

Last night I finished my first 'Run' and got a total time of 2hs 18m 35s. Anyone who thinks the game is over in 2 hours is living in cloud cuckoo land. According to my Raptr stats it took me around 6 hours of actual play to do that. (Probably because of the number of 'resets' when I went head first into an aproaching car/truck/roadblock - hehe)

I've unlocked around 60 extra events, I can re-race any of the 10 stages of The Run whenever I want to (Note, TEN, not 9 like the reviewers claimed) so now I just need some NFSTR friends so I have times to compare to!

This has to have the BEST racing I've ever had in Single Player games. Pure arcade, but DAMN is it good! Total adrenaline rush that had me laughing, yelling at the screen and dropping off bond-esque one-liners when something went well and a rival suffered. :cool: I just cannot describe the rush you get from some of the racing events in game, you'd have to try it.

I'm normally a bit anti one-on-one AI events in games, but they REALLY work well here. You get a real sense of achievement when you beat some of these guys and the destructible stuff is pretty good.

You actually have to drive while being shot up by helicopters (not button presing, actual driving), dodge subway trains, avoid SUVs filled to the teeth with machine-gun armed assailants all while trying NOT to crash into obstacles or oncoming traffic.

Yes, there are scripted sequences in a few places to push a button and get past things when 'out of the car', but they use the same button presses each time, so even a bear of little brain like me can manage it by memorising the button pushes after the first two screwups. In other words, they're short and easy and it would be almost impossible to get 'stuck' at them.

The racing is good, the duel type events are good and the police are.. errm.. suicidal
laugh.gif
They get in front of you and just spin sideways to try to block you *chuckles* among other things.

The graphics are superb - probably the best graphics I've seen in an NFS title. It's a shame you're racing sometimes as only the spectators in the room get to go "Oooo... ahhhh" at the beautiful scenery you are tearing past at 180mph
grin.gif

The handling is 'different'. Can't quite put my finger on it. It's not sim-like as Shift is, but it doesn't feel as 'loose' and arcadey as Hot Pursuit. With a controller I found it hard to get the tail out on the cars, but with the steering wheel I'm practically taking every corner sideways and using opposite lock halfway round to straighten up *grins* I find the car classifications to be accurate as they list the handling for each car as 'easy', 'normal', 'tricky' and 'challenging' (iirc). I prefer the easy handling, as I'm not the world's greatest NFS driver.

The other racers can be quite aggressive and the main aim of the game, as with Hot Pursuit, is to get up the Speedwall versus friends. Also, I prefer the cop chases in The Run as there's no stingers, EMP or other gadgets, just you, the police, roadblocks and harsh contact!

The playtime available in game is going to be comparable to Hot Pursuit as each time you finish a stage you unlock extra local events/races to take part in for more speedwall action. I can see me playing the actual 'Run' itself through several times too, as you know where you messed up on the way through it and have the option of trying to set a better time.

The reviewer who claimed you can't change cars (by pulling into a garage) and still win the race must really suck at driving games - I had no trouble doing so.

The reviewer who complained about not understanding the motivation of an enemy character must have missed the part where it said he was part of the Chicago Mob, who hate my guts and from whom I am running/driving at speed at the start of the game.

Most fun I've had all year, and Hot Pursuit pales into insignificance by comparison.

Hello, hello this is a good game but I have a problem, No force feedback with Thrustmaster T500 RS Someone should have the same problem! thank you and good road on PC! thank you

my English is not good sorry

I rented it this morning, but just started playing it this afternoon, just finished The Run bit did it in 2hrs 13mins took between 5 and 6 hours. I was thinking about buying this but not sure now.

I bought the game just to play something a little different for a change and it's OK ? Not brilliant but just OK.
The one thing that winds me up the most is the rewind screen - aaaaaarrrrrggghhhhh It's like some kind of mind torture with a fast pulsating heart beat and flashing white light to fry the back of your eyes out !!!!!!!!!! who ever designed that needs a size 10 up his/her rear end. HATE IT

Worth waiting for the price to drop before buying :)

I am not going to buy it took the rental back this morning. As you said it is ok.
I never did any online, just The Run. I think Hot Pursuit (the newer one) was better.

I am now renting Call of Duty MW3, may buy that instead.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back