Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

driving feels like pushing around a wet sponge suspended by rubber bands...
and camera movement is just tooo much.
maybe improvement if you can find where to edit config files.
also unskippable movies before race are very irritating.
graphics and sound are good!
so a little bit more adjustability could make this a great GAME :)

driving feels like pushing around a wet sponge suspended by rubber bands...
and camera movement is just tooo much.
maybe improvement if you can find where to edit config files.
also unskippable movies before race are very irritating.
graphics and sound are good!
so a little bit more adjustability could make this a great GAME :)

+1 even so i think is a step foward in this kind of racing game genre so i gave an 8

I rent this game from a video store.. god am I glad I did not buy this one!!

It really looks pretty nice, but the gameplay is awful! It seemes that even with everything turned off, there is still a magic hand drifting you through turns.
Everytime I drive towards an turn, during the breaking, the car AUTOMATICLY gets a touch into the turn, now you have just to get your wheel right and you got a perfect drift. this is stupid and makes feel the casual gamers good.. they now all think they are good drivers and if you can drift like this in a video game, it must be a simulation.. LOL

NFS SHIFT Screenshots

Post up your nfs:shift screenshots! :)

A selection of mine.

shift%202009-09-17%2000-27-38-02.png

shift%202009-09-17%2000-27-57-99.png

shift%202009-09-17%2000-28-24-95.png

shift%202009-09-17%2000-28-50-19.png

shift%202009-09-17%2000-29-09-65.png

I rent this game from a video store.. god am I glad I did not buy this one!!

It really looks pretty nice, but the gameplay is awful! It seemes that even with everything turned off, there is still a magic hand drifting you through turns.
Everytime I drive towards an turn, during the breaking, the car AUTOMATICLY gets a touch into the turn, now you have just to get your wheel right and you got a perfect drift. this is stupid and makes feel the casual gamers good.. they now all think they are good drivers and if you can drift like this in a video game, it must be a simulation.. LOL

I and probably most the other people here drive or have driven all the other publicly available Sims. I do quite well with them. I have found "Shift", as challenging as any of them. I'll have to drive it more to discern all the physic nuances. Maybe you are a quick study on Sim physics. But you won't mind if we take your opinion with a grain of salt.

It runs like a dog on my system - i7, 6gig ram, and 4890. Totally unimpressed with this game. Using a G25, the control/handling is atrocious. There was a pretty spot on review on Eurogamer. I might see if I can take it back to EB Games even though I've used it for 2 days.

• aussenbagen

It runs like a dog on my system - i7, 6gig ram, and 4890. Totally unimpressed with this game. Using a G25, the control/handling is atrocious. There was a pretty spot on review on Eurogamer. I might see if I can take it back to EB Games even though I've used it for 2 days.

This is exactly what I was reading about. Thanks. Sorry to hear this. I have not found a fix for it. I contacted EA and they didn't give me answer.

It's a turd that they tried to polish with bloom/hdr and blur. They've also taken real life tracks and peppered them with unrealistic objects and advertisements. They've completely focused on eye candy for the console kiddies at the expense of the actual driving. It's very clearly a console port to the PC with no mouse support at all.

I can't believe that this development crew were reportedly some of the team behind GTR2. They should be ashamed.

Known bugs for version 1.0

List of bugs found sofar (and possible fixes). Not listing issues due to hardware/graphic drivers or other software.

• The game fails to render sky textures on some occasions ie. sky remains black.
  • On one occasion the timing and profile point meter was not readable. Restarting the race didn't fix this.
  • When going into drift mode, initially there are no car or ambient sounds
    • (Fix: restart the race).
  • When invited for a car-battle between the Ford GT40 and the Dodge Viper it is impossible to choose the Viper (it does not move at the start)
  • In Tier 3 when attempting to do the Corvette Z06 car-battle the same thing as above happens; the car won't move at the start of the race.
  • Name entry too short, unable to fit longer names (only 16 characters allowed).
  • Force Feedback on several types of wheels reacts to the car driving over curbs and grass during replays.
  • Replays get stuck in an endless loop (no way of quitting the game in the normal manner; CTRL-ALT-DEL is your only option).
  • Clutches seem to slip on highly tuned cars - especially if you use NOS - means you sit on the rev limiter with the car speeding up slowly until you lift off.
    • (Fix: Make sure you allow for the shift delays and use the clutch, should minimize the effect this has).
  • Sometimes when you start a race the car drives off by itself and then gives you control a few seconds later - usually once you've had a crash.
    • (Fix: Restart the race and it will work fine).

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.