Need For Speed: SHIFT & SHIFT 2 Unleashed

-8-
for me the menus are a pain with the steering wheel. has it keeps flipping if the wheel is moved,and the cursor keeps scrolling around,try it on the replay section.move wheel all the way left/right and watch the annoying cursor flip between options and is it really necessary for the silly clicking sound?

apart from that pet-peeve,all is okay,there some guys looking into the ai.
i wouldn't know about such things i still working on newbie level. hehe

Ed

a few i taken uploaded to eanation and regrab back to my pc.? strange way of doing things.thou

Attachments

• bmwinside.jpg
    bmwinside.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 193
  • bmwnfss.jpg
    bmwnfss.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 210
  • bumpy.jpg
    bumpy.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 222
  • fordcrs.jpg
    fordcrs.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 217
  • lotuselise.jpg
    lotuselise.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 213
  • nfsshiftbmw.jpg
    nfsshiftbmw.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 201
  • nfsshift-elise.jpg
    nfsshift-elise.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 200
yeap the g25 and game have a problem, that if the wheel is turn.ie not centered. the menus go crazy.so i love watching the replays atm.has i need to hold the wheel centered everytime.:)

can any body confirm a bug at spa, corner before the bus-stop,there seem to an invisable wall on the rumble strip/run off area.well was on the xbox360.

• jashewski

Where is the .bat file every time i unpack using comand prompt it says too many files open after about 30 muinites what do I do and the zip download doesn't work for me

Anach, just wanted to say thanks for all your mods - along with the Real Mod 2.0b, they've made Shift enjoyable for me. One request re: the campaign mod - as you already alluded to - the double laps let you rack up points even faster, which seems like it'll make you level up twice as fast. Once you get that sorted, this mod'll be absolutely perfect.

If I've unpacked, I can't use Injector-fed mods?

Is that correct? If so, seems like modders ought to agree on how they want to release their mods, because already it seems we're having to choose between "unpacked-required" and "packed-required" mods, e.g. I've got the track objects removal mod installed (which requires unpacking) but now it seems I can't install Anach's No Starting Lights mod, as it requires packed files.

Mod request: less head movement?

First off, thank you, modders, for all the excellent mods that have patched Shift up to a more respectable state. :)

One of the last big things bothering me is the seemingly excessive head movement while in cockpit view; it becomes distracting to me, having the car bounce around my line of sight quite so much. If the head bouncing could be dropped by say, half, that would seem much more reasonable.

So, any enterprising modder wanna try to tackle this one? Please?

I was playing with the point allocation last night, and have simply doubled the requirement for each level at this stage to make sure it works ok. When I get home this evening, ill average up the races and see what I end up with at the end of each tier, as currently I have no real idea of how many points an average player will end up with at the end of each tier. If i'm happy with the numbers, ill upload it tonight.

OMG! Great job, japamd!

May I ask you: can we expect in a future (near or far) universal toolbox with all your tools, like TDU Modding Tools or something?

Thanks!

I can't tell about that because I never heard about TDU modding tools... I've created those tools in my spare time so if I got enough time maybe I can think about something more organized.

Good news about the installer/uninstaller, got it working on two mods, my own campaign mod and AsBest's Wipeout mod, the installer is installing (duh) and reverting all changes made by itself!

BTW, great job on Wipeout mod, your efforts on changing thousands of files are very impressive!

Some screenshots

Firing the mod package installer
sshot20091009022200.png

Installation done!
sshot20091009022229.png

Files created by the installer for uninstall
sshot20091009003638.png

Running the installer when the mod is already installed gave us this
sshot20091009004549.png

Uninstall sucess!
sshot20091009022338.png

theres too many variables greg, best bet is to unpack the game and tweak it yourself, its really easy once you get to know where things are.

theres a cameraconfig.xml in the cameras folder right under the root of the installed folder. you basically edit it with a word editor like notepad, and you got lines like

<prop name="HeadPhysicsScale" data="2;1;2" />

you just basically decrease those numbers to decrease the head movement and youll end up with a setting to your liking.

Here's some testing, installed Wipeout mod from Arachnus using the new installer, played a bit, then uninstalled the mod using the installer restoring the game to the previous state.

Wipeout mod installed
shift2009100901585999tn.jpg

Wipeout mod uninstalled
shift2009100902075556tn.jpg

And this is my own campaign mod (more laps per race)
First career mode race (from 2 to 6 laps)
shift2009100902381493tn.jpg

I'll be re-releasing that mod in unpacked state, which will allow people to choose to use it unpacked, or use it in an injector. Id forgot about that mod, until you reminded me just now.

Unfortunately I was having issues with injector based mods, and my campaign mod causes nasty issues when used with the latest injector, so I reverted back to unpacked state for now.

It's only early days yet, and the tools are all new and still being developed, so i'm sure as time goes on, we will settle into a standard format, which will most likely be the packed version, as its easier to manage.

*edit* the new file has been uploaded. It can be used unpacked (i recommend the generic mod installer), or you can package it yourself to use with an injector.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.