Need a wheel

you kidding ?

Just create a cylinder with min. 48 or 64 subdivs, delete all faces except the bottom ones. Orient the whole, check UVs & remap if needed with a planar projection. Apply your texture (1 spoke duplicated around CG pic x nb. of times in Gimp/PS) & alpha channel it.

Done !

:eek: Can you translate it into English please? lol im stuck at the 'Just create a cylinder with min. 48 or 64 subdivs, delete all faces except the bottom ones. Orient the whole, check UVs & remap if needed with a planar projection. Apply your texture (1 spoke duplicated around CG pic x nb. of times in Gimp/PS) & alpha channel it.' part. apart from that Yeah im good with it.

Also i didn't make the first wheel set of my car so i don't know what to do Lol

well let me attempt to simplify what he said, create a cylinder (cylinders look like wheels). then apply your texture. just mess around in Zmod a bit and you'll figure it out, I'm sure.

I made a tyre in blender (just the tyre) and i put some textures on it one for the tire tread and one for the side of the tire. When i try to export it as dof it doesnt export I did try to export as object mode and texture draw type but in the blender console it says 0 mesh bodies exported. any help?

Use the DOF exporter with GUI which works with Blender 2.45 and 2.49. The mesh object to be exported must be in layer 1. If that doesn't work try to export with the goofus exported mention on page one of the Tutorial or search with google.

The exporter I posted does work with 2.49, just remember that the object must be on layer 1. Also look at the Blender console which can give you a clue as to why it isn't exporting the object. And the object must be selected.

There is a button that needs to be turned on which sholud be indicated in the instructions if my memory serves me correctly, I recheck to be sure.

The "vertex color" button is described in the exporter instructions and it does work with 2.49.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back