1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new wheel.is the g27 too old now?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by James Hemp, May 13, 2015.

1. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

i bought a thrustmaster f430 in december 2012 but i barely touched it untill mid 2014 when i was participating in an F1 championship and left it to die on the desk again untill october-november 2014 when i started participating in AC club races.

about 1-2 months ago, one of the accelerator pedal springs broke while the other is cracked and it has reduced tension. the pedal is like a feather (it's a good thing because you learn to be gentle with the accelerator :D).

i very much like the wheel and wouldn't want to waste money changing it but i might have too soon. i contacted TS support, they won't send me replacement springs but instead they will deliver a set of pedals for 62 euro (yeah, but springs will crack again in less than one year). so i think f430 needs some sleep time.

my question is... is the g27 too old now for a casual gamer? the cheapest brand new one i could find in my country is 302 usd. t300 is 430 usd.

2. G27 is still viable, but... T300 is probably the correct choice and worth the price difference. Particularly if you enter the rF2 realm.

• Agree Agree x 1