• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a new wheel.is the g27 too old now?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by James Hemp, May 13, 2015.

1. James Hemp

James Hemp
    Green Devils Racing

Ratings:
    +93
    i bought a thrustmaster f430 in december 2012 but i barely touched it untill mid 2014 when i was participating in an F1 championship and left it to die on the desk again untill october-november 2014 when i started participating in AC club races.

about 1-2 months ago, one of the accelerator pedal springs broke while the other is cracked and it has reduced tension. the pedal is like a feather (it's a good thing because you learn to be gentle with the accelerator :D).

i very much like the wheel and wouldn't want to waste money changing it but i might have too soon. i contacted TS support, they won't send me replacement springs but instead they will deliver a set of pedals for 62 euro (yeah, but springs will crack again in less than one year). so i think f430 needs some sleep time.

my question is... is the g27 too old now for a casual gamer? the cheapest brand new one i could find in my country is 302 usd. t300 is 430 usd.

2. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +229
    G27 is still viable, but... T300 is probably the correct choice and worth the price difference. Particularly if you enter the rF2 realm.

• Agree Agree x 1