need a little rF2 setup help

Dirk Steffen

Porsche Factory Jackass™
Premium
Hey, since today's add of rF2 into SRS racing events I have tried rF2 again and really loved what I saw.

I have only two major problems that really ruin any potential online racing for me at the moment:

1) serious frame rate fluctuations
I have usually ~ 50 - 80 FPS in rF2 but my issue is that I just cannot get it to run smoothly with a constant ~60FPS.
It will run along nicely and then at certain places around the track the frame rate will just break into a stutter for a short moment until it continues to run properly again a few moments later.

What can be done? I tried already completely dialing down graphics settings to no avail.
I do run on this machine Assetto Corsa at almost maxed out graphics at ease.

2) heavy FFB clipping and generally very harsh FFB with Fanatec CSWv2
I use the exact same Fanatec wheel base settings as with my Assetto Corsa setup (which runs absolutely perfect).
With rF2 all FFB effects just clip madly - I have dialed down the Fanatec wheelbase FOR already to ~60 with no real change in the clipping.
I have dialed down in the garage options menu the per car FFB multiplier from 100 to 80 to no avail - same clipping just lower forces.

Is there any recommended ideal FFB settings for Fanatec CSWv2 for rF2?

I really like what I see and feel with rF2 but these two issues really forbid any competitive online racing.

I am running the latest DX11 beta with DX11 effects on low.
In game graphics settings are all across the board on medium except for player vehicle on high and certain special effects to low or off.
I run a triple screen setup in multi view.

Hi,
What hardware are you running?

and I use a Clubsport v2 and it feels great, I load the fanatec clubsport v2 ffb profile, then i turn smoothing to 3, min force to 2.5 and then car specific to 90-95% depending on car, no to very little clipping

Hey Dave, I will give it a try and completely re-assign the controls (maybe something with the control profile is amiss here).

I tried meanwhile as a workaround the FFB smoothing setting in rF2 at it's highest level of 32 and the clipping was gone but it did not feel as nice as I remembered it to be.
It was usable as a workaround.

The stuttering I could not find any solution for.
I went and completely lowered graphics details further and I have with a field of 20 cars (NOT the new GT3 models which are unfortunately impossible to drive in a complete field) constant 65+ FPS.

BUT even though the FPS counter shows this constant 65+ FPS (I use MSI AB), I get these strange stutters.
The stuttering seems not to be bound to any specific corner or event around the track.
I cannot make any logic of it.

It seems though that this stuttering is something you find all over the web (no matter if AMD or Nvidia or how powerful overall the machine) with the beta DX11 built.

I hope to find some solid solution to that soon as rF2 seems to get a new life.

Hey buddy - they started the first rF2 events this week.
It is still in it’s setup phase, so expect a little issue here and there to set it up but it all seems to work so far.

You can read about it on the official SRS forum (search for the main forum to install the rF2 SRS app.
If you see me online, poke me and we could on the TS or chat to sort you out.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back