Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 27

Login or Register an account to download this content
A manual install worked, and it looks incredibly natural to my eye, great job. I slightly prefer it over the latest pure filter which seems a tad dark in sunlight. Now if I could only find something to make the grass and trees a bit less green on the Nords.... your filter does go some way to fixing this problem, it's not so glaring now.
Have you try summer dry skin for the Nords?

Have you try summer dry skin for the Nords?
Thanks for the tip, will search....
found it after a while, it is actually in the rich summer skin mod as a variant. I like both of them, the dry skin though I find the grass contrast between the saturated green and the yellow-brown patches a bit artificial. The rich skin is good, the trees are far more natural looking than the default trees and the grass is better too but still a bit saturated.

Last edited:
Driving the Nords with the Natural_Mod ppf using the rich skin for the track in mid-day with the mist weather chosen from the Sol planner it's an amazing experience, such great immersion, with my big display it almost feels like I'm there. Kudos!

Last edited:
I installed files manually so all the ini and lua files are in the correct subfolders.
I'm using sol and pure so wanted to try those versions but there is no Natural Mod filters in PP filter app under sol or pure categories.
I can only see Natural Mod filters among other basic filters.
Also when I choose one of those filters, the exposure slider doesn't do anything.
Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on sol 2.2.5 and csp 1.80

1676634015120.png

I installed files manually so all the ini and lua files are in the correct subfolders.
I'm using sol and pure so wanted to try those versions but there is no Natural Mod filters in PP filter app under sol or pure categories.
I can only see Natural Mod filters among other basic filters.
Also when I choose one of those filters, the exposure slider doesn't do anything.
Am I doing something wrong?

I'm on sol 2.2.5 and csp 1.80

View attachment 640811
When you click on Natural_Mod in Post Process Filter menu, doesn't appear the submenu with the three Natural_Mod filters?

It does.
But I was expecting Natural Mod filters in sol and pure lists - souldn't they be there?
Aaahhh now i understand what you mean. No m8! The menu you see there are for the filters you have installed. Sol have it own submenu with its own filters. Pure have it own submenu with its own filters. So, Natural_Mod has its own submenu with its own filters. If you want Natural Mod Filter to work with Sol, what you need to do, is to go in CM to settings->custom shaders patch->weather fx->weather script and there select if you want Pure or Sol as weather script. Of course don't forget to activate Sol Config/Sol Custom Weather/Sol Planner/Sol Weather App in settings->assetto corsa->apps.

Last edited:
Hello Chris, first of all thanks a lot for the this PP-Filter. I really love and basically only use this one.

I noticed a problem on night races and I would like to let you know, if you don't already: Night maps with lamp lighting such as Bahrain are getting really bright and over exposed. I have not noticed problems on maps with less external lighting, such as spa during the night. I have tried setting auto-exposure to 1, but it didn't help. I switched to Pure-pp-filter in this case (Bahrain) and the problem is not present there.

Please let me know if you need anything and thanks again!

Hello Chris, first of all thanks a lot for the this PP-Filter. I really love and basically only use this one.

I noticed a problem on night races and I would like to let you know, if you don't already: Night maps with lamp lighting such as Bahrain are getting really bright and over exposed. I have not noticed problems on maps with less external lighting, such as spa during the night. I have tried setting auto-exposure to 1, but it didn't help. I switched to Pure-pp-filter in this case (Bahrain) and the problem is not present there.

Please let me know if you need anything and thanks again!
Thanks for the info, will take a look, screenshots would be handed

first of all thanks for the will to help :). I was going to make the screenshots right now, but before I have decided to completely uninstall the pp filter and reinstall again, before doing the screenshots, just be sure. After a complete new reinstall (delete and install) the PP-Filter exposure problem was completely fixed. So it was maybe some conflict with files between the versions. Thanks anyway again! :)

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Mod PP Filter with a new update entry:

Tweaks for pure/sol/base

Pure Script
Improve look at low sun angles
Adjust sunrays
Adjust sun saturation
Adjust skydome brightness
Adjust exposure sensitivity
Adjust emissive strength

Sol Script
Better sunrays

Natural_Mod.ini
Adjust glare
adjust DEPTH_MASK_THRESHOLD

Natural_Mod_Base.ini
Adjust saturation
Adjust glare

Natural_Mod_Photomode.ini
Remove CG

If you like the filter, you can get email notifications of updates via Racedepartment's "watch" function.

Note that free version of CM doesn't install this...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Help!! I reinstalled Win11 and obviously AC and CM, I had backed up the data. and now this ppf doesn't work, it crashes. All other ppf's work fine except this one, I don't know why. the message I get is "pp filter "system /cfg/ppfilters/default.ini "is missing". I use the latest versions of Sol, Pure and CSP preview

Attachments

• noname.png
    noname.png
    242.5 KB · Views: 45
Help!! I reinstalled Win11 and obviously AC and CM, I had backed up the data. and now this ppf doesn't work, it crashes. All other ppf's work fine except this one, I don't know why. the message I get is "pp filter "system /cfg/ppfilters/default.ini "is missing". I use the latest versions of Sol, Pure and CSP preview
check if the files are in the right folders, look at the manual install instructions in the readme

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 169 87.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.6%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 29.0%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 36.3%