Natural Mod PP Filter

Misc Natural Mod PP Filter 26.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I am so bummed. I absolutely love this graphics mod. To me, it's essential to the overall look of Assetto Corsa. Unfortunately, I'm having problems with this version. If I try using your weather files (content > weather > {your 7 folders here}) when I launch Assetto Corsa all of a sudden my weather selector is gone. Blank. Nada. If I delete your 7 folders and move the default AC weather folders back in there, when I restart AC the weather selector is back on the screen where you select temperature, grip level, etc.

It doesn't make sense. I've tried re-downloading v3.5.4a and it doesn't help. WTF? I am so bummed. I love this mod. I guess I'll just wait until a new version comes along. Keep up the awesome work. :cool:

I am so bummed. I absolutely love this graphics mod. To me, it's essential to the overall look of Assetto Corsa. Unfortunately, I'm having problems with this version. If I try using your weather files (content > weather > {your 7 folders here}) when I launch Assetto Corsa all of a sudden my weather selector is gone. Blank. Nada. If I delete your 7 folders and move the default AC weather folders back in there, when I restart AC the weather selector is back on the screen where you select temperature, grip level, etc.

It doesn't make sense. I've tried re-downloading v3.5.4a and it doesn't help. WTF? I am so bummed. I love this mod. I guess I'll just wait until a new version comes along. Keep up the awesome work. :cool:
cant find an issue here :/

I know. It's the strangest thing. You tend to update fairly often, so I will obviously try the next update. If I get any problems with that I am removing Assetto Corsa completely and then reinstalling it. Your mod is that important to me!! :cool: :thumbsup:
hmm it really shouldnt be necessary. just try manually dropping the files from my content/weather into the assettocorsa/content/weather, it should ask to overwrite 14 files, and that should be it

That's exactly how I've always installed your mod. I know - its the craziest of crazy things. These aren't .exe or .dll files for God's sake. So ridiculous.

I don't know what the heck the problem was, but I removed and reinstalled Assetto Corsa and now I was able to use the newest version of your Natural Graphics Mod. It's so important to me, I just couldn't wait any longer. This is probably one of the weirdest, un-explainable problems I've ever had with a piece of software. .ini files for God's sake!! I just don't get it. Who cares now? I've got it working again!! Yay for me!! :cool: :roflmao: :D

Very nice mod, but somehow turning exposure up/down with Page Up/Down there I can't make out any differences, especially on sunny weather it's a little bit brighter than I'd like it to be.

Very nice mod, but somehow turning exposure up/down with Page Up/Down there I can't make out any differences, especially on sunny weather it's a little bit brighter than I'd like it to be.
thats as designed im afraid, the limits are set narrow such that you dont get huge exposure transitions from the games not-very-clever autoexposure system. you could try reducing the BRIGHTNESS parameter in the ini file as a quick tweak

Chris Kennedy updated Natural Graphics Mod with a new update entry:

Reworked skies in sunny weathers for AC 1.8

Clear/Mid Clear
  • Reworked sky and horizon in middle hours as they seem to have changed in AC 1.8. Looking really good in VR now
  • Sun power at highest angle reduced slightly to reduce washing out of grass etc (sun is set to be slightly stronger in clear than mid clear)
Light Clouds
  • Adjusted sky at early/late hours
  • Reduced number of clouds

Read the rest of this update entry...

Afraid not, so time consuming and for a pretty small percentage of the player base. Peter b has done a great job by the look of it anyway. I might spend some time on a filter specifically for his weather as I think his are darker than mine

Would be great, I use his weathers with your pp filter.
I don't think it is darker from what I remember about my comparisons, but I think his filters are to crisp, clear and have to much contrast with the "bad" weathers. Just looks a bit artificial.

Just to be sure, I haven't updated your mod on my system as I only use the pp filter. If I understand correctly there is no need for an update because pp filter didn't change!?

Tweaks all around

Mostly subtle tweaks to improve things that are maybe more noticeable in VR.
Also improved performance in cloudy weathers by reducing number of clouds (mid clouds had way more than it needed previously).

Natural_Mod/Natural_Photomode
Tweaked saturation, brightness, contrast and gamma

Natural Oculus Rift Filter
Tweaked saturation and brightness, disabled autoexposure, adjusted glare. Overall is closer to the normal monitor filter. It's brighter than before but I think it looks...

Light Fog and Light Cloud reworked, smaller tweaks for other weather

b6332acabd.jpg

Photomode filters:
DOF adjustment

Oculus Rift Filter
Slightly reduced saturation

Light Fog
Colder ambient in morning/evening
Rebalanced lighting (and therefore fog to compensate), more believable now

8:00
View attachment 161745
13:00
View attachment 161746

Light Clouds
Overhauled lighting, particularly morning/evening hours, looks more distinct from mid clear now

8:00
View attachment 161743...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play