rF2 Nascar @ Texas World Speedway Oval Wednesday 12th of June

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Might not make this, run out of activation renewals for rF2, emailed ISI but not sure how long they take to sort it :cautious:

Last time I emailed them for something I got a response within 24 hours. Next time when you do a re-install, make sure to backup your activations files, that way you won't have that problem in the future.
go to start, type %appdata% is searchoption, than you will see a map called roaming with a map .rfactor. If you backup that folder before you re-install, and place it back in the same place, you never have to re-activate, unless you have significant hardware changes.:)

Just a tip :)
Go into the tuning section, and select the right track config :). It has 4 diffferent configs, all for different roads.

Speedway
Superspeedway
Short track
Road course

I might be jumping in to watch a bit. Havent got time to do actual driving though :(

Hats off if you get to the checkered flag.:)

Funny you should say that......

Having never driven a Nascar before except the PS2 game with a pad i thought id have a go and see if it's any good.

It is.

I was doing ok in practice before i found a line through the 1st banked turn that meant i could take it flat out with lifting and that got me a half second gap to 2nd place.

Qualy was the same, i didnt get as fast a time as in Practice but got pole by .2.

Then the race came round and we had a standing start? Only watched Nascar a few times but im sure thats not how its done? Managed to get of the line ok then it was a matter of avoiding the odd smoke covered car and trying not to hit anyone i overtook.

My tyres would last the race but the fuel didnt so i had to dive in for a splash and dash with 5 to go.

Thanks for the racing everyone, hopefully we have more of these and more full grids.

Man, what did I had loads of fun last night. :) On TS and on track.

This was a whole new experience for me and surely for lots of others too. :)

In practise it seemed that I had found the right line to drive as finally I was doing 36's, but In qualy I was pushing and was able to do just a 37.9! :confused: So I could start at the back of the grid.
Race start was carefull and I could avoid cars that had a few problems in the first lap. Once I was tabbed and span, but without any damage than my tires had less grip I could continue.
Driving my laps and went in once for fresh rubber. Before I went in I was in second, but aftert I came out was 4th. Tapio was 9 seconds away and I thiought it would be fun to catch him and have a race.... Tapio thought different about that and decided to use his 4th gear as I was less than 3 seconds away from him, the gap grew again and finished in 4th.

Great fun, unbelievable: speed from Pete :)roflmao: that rhymz ) It was like he was on a railroad. He lapped everyone at least once.:alien:

Hope to see you guys next races too! :)

Good to hear everyone had fun:)
Too bad for me I couldn't enjoy the race beacuse my race was already over after the first lap, Stefan and someone else hit eachother in front of me, couldn't avoid and hit someone very hard, car was spun around in the opposite direction nose against the wall. Race over because the rest of the field was already coming and didn't want to ruin others race by sitting on the middle of the road and get a colission with the rest of the field and exited.:thumbsdown: Bad first introduction for me with oval racing, hope next time I can actually experience how it is to race on a oval.

I don't know what features are in place in rF2 as of now to handle such situations but one of the great things about NASCAR, both irl and in iracing, is that you can actually be involved in a incident and still be able not only to finish the race but even climb way up the grid afterwards.
Cautions / yellow flags and pace car will be deployed in a instant if there's a incident so drivers behind should be able to avoid getting involved unless they are directly behind you. Also, in iracing you can hit a button to have your car towed to the pit for repairs, which will instantly remove your car from the track but you will have to wait for the duration it would take to tow you in before the pit stop starts. I suspect that this feature is not available in rF2 (yet), unless there's a mod for it, but it would be great if there is /was.

You are absolutly right Kjell, I'm sure ISI will develop a lot of those things when they will release the indycars, the first cars they release for ovals:) So probably in a few months time we have more features for oval races. A tow to the pit was indeed very handy, because my car wouldn't turn right anymore. Just had bad luck this time, I'm sure next time will be different:thumbsup: I believe the safetycar feature was turned off, but wouldn't have helped me this time because of my damage.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%