NASCAR | Kyle Larson Fired For iRacing Misdemeanour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Chip Ganassi Racing young hotshot Kyle Larson has found himself in deep water with his team and sport, following an ill advised racial slur during the recent iRacing NASCAR series broadcast.

One of the hottest young prospects within the NASCAR scene in recent years, Larson enjoyed his best season in the category to date in 2019, finish a very solid sixth in the title standings after just missing out on the chance to race for the championship in the final rounds of the series.

Despite having a car underneath him that never quite manages to challenge outright over the course of a full campaign, Larson has impressed many observers in recent years as he began to make a name for himself in the category - good work that looks like it has been severely compromised when the 27-year-old was heard using a racial slur during a recent iRacing NASCAR replacement series race.

Initially having been suspended from the real and virtual championships for an indefinite amount of time, Larson has since seen a number of key sponsors walk away from him in the last 24 hours, leaving his Chip Ganassi Racing outfit with the decision to fire the American driver with immediate effect - casing doubt on the viability of Larson's career in premier American Stock Car series.

Using the N word on a live broadcast has brought justified criticism of the driver from fans and insiders within the sport, forcing the six-time cup winner to post an apology for his actions on his social media channels - however, only time will tell if this is enough to reignite what has been a promising career for the Californian driver:

For more from the world of motorsport, drop a post in the RaceDepartment Motorsport sub forum and get interacting with our awesome community!

Kyle Larson1.jpg

Lol this topic is hilarious. All these people trying to act as the heroes of the new world, protector of the minorities, just because they learned at school that blacks were slaves in the past, and so because of that these SJW people think blacks are a poor group that needs their valiant and heroic acts of sacrifice. They also think we are forever in debt to this specific group, so we need to massively punish ourselves for the most ridiculous things, because "oh sorry black community, this dude is bad but we aren't, we totally support you guys, look ,look!".

This set a new low standard for this thread.

Your comment is just disgusting. You are a repugnant human being.

He was banned from iRacing for breaking the rules, an iRacing "misdemeanor". He was sacked because his employers would have lost way too much to keep him. Those of you knocking them because he was sacked, well, I'm just going to assume you don't understand corporate anything. This individual was made aware of employer and sponsor expectations, rules, etc. He broke them. You people really feel his employer and sponsors should take a chance on losing millions because you "feel" he may not be racists. Or because he said it thinking only his buds could hear him? Or because a certain demographic uses the word like you breath air?

Look, I'm a black man, and I could give a rats azz that he used the word. I don't know if he's racist or not. Frankly, I don't care. People are fired every day in America for actions such as this, however, it is only polarizing when it's a celebrity or a high profile company involved. I actually feel bad for the guy, but then the phrase made so iconic by one Forrest Gump, "Stupid is as stupid does" comes to mind. He messed up. He broke the rules. He knew the possible consequences of such an action. He was careless. He now pays for his carelessness. What is the common denominator in that last sentence?

My point? My point is, all this bickering about his character, rappers, racism, moral abjectivity, ethnicity, oppression, unfairness, fairness and a host of other silly things folks think are relevant (they may or may not be), are beside the point. Point being, he broke the rules. One bad decision can and often does lead to severe repercussions. So, let's get over ourselves and worry more about "our" lives. Lest we also fall victim to ourselves.
I think this reply could have been a nice end to the discussion.

Ill add the lock here as I have no time to read through 7 pages of bickering from some individuals. On both sides the emotions are way too strong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back