Unfortunately it looks a little too similar to Eutechnyx's recent mediocre efforts. It coming out on PC gives it some slight chance of being modded to a better place but the best modders probably couldn't care less about a NASCAR game. It just looks so lifeless and slow, too bad.

Well I'm buying this, because there isn't a better alternative available for this NASCAR fan. I'm pretty much done watching it for the season so this will be my fix for a while. I've played every NASCAR game from Papyrus' NASCAR racing in 1995 to 2003 and several titles on various consoles. I'm on XB1 now, and have no interest in returning to the money pit of the PC wars. I will be honest with my assessment. I may not be satisfied with it, but as a fan of the sport itself it's all we have. :sick:
Yep, agreed, but unfortunately it doesn't look any better than NASCAR 2003 :(

NASCAR Heat Evolution 2.jpg

Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games have released part two of their development diary videos for the upcoming NASCAR Heat Evolution - this time taking a look at the gameplay aspect of the title.

NASCAR Heat has been designed to appeal for both a casual console audience and the more simulation orientated players looking for an authentic NASCAR experience. With this in mid, DMR and Monster Games have included two game modes within the title. ‘Normal’ is aimed at players who wish to experience the thrill and challenge of driving a NASCAR race wheel to wheel in a pack of over 40 cars on some of America's top racing locations, without putting too much technical detail into the driving physics and making the experience too complicated for the casual gamer to enjoy.

The ‘Simulation’ setting is thought to be aimed at the many NASCAR fans looking for a thoroughbred simulation experience with more advanced physics and narrower window of driving performance applied to the cars. It is difficult to judge exactly how "simulation" the simulation option will be at this stage, as gameplay video's released to date have not shown this option in action with experienced sim drivers, but early signs indicate NASCAR fans may finally have something to scratch that NASCAR itch come release day in September.

NASCAR Heat Evolution 3.jpg

NASCAR Heat Evolution will be available for Xbox One, PS4 and Windows PC on September 13th 2016.

New NASCAR Heat Evolution Making of Video - Part 2:

Featuring over 40 drivers and 23 American racetracks from Daytona to Watkins Glen, NASCAR Heat Evolution is the first release by Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games in over a decade. The new game will feature several game modes, some making a return to the franchise after a long absence:

Race: Whether you want a few laps or a full race, pick up your controller and race at any of the 23 diverse NASCAR Sprint Cup Series tracks.

Challenges: Relive or rewrite this season’s most memorable moments as the drivers who lived them.

Season: From Daytona to Homestead, take to the track and play out an entire season as your favourite NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver.

Chase: Experience the excitement of the final 10 races of the NASCAR season. Each race is more important than the last as you compete to take home the prestigious NASCAR Sprint Cup Series trophy.

Career: Customize the look of your own NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver like never before. Acquire new sponsors and improve your car as you race to become your own NASCAR legend.

Online: Take the competition online and race against friends in the thrilling world of NASCAR.

Check out the NASCAR Heat Evolution forum here at RaceDepartment. Share your comments and opinions with fellow NASCAR fans in the build up to this new game release in September.

NASCAR Heat Evolution 6.jpg NASCAR Heat Evolution 8.jpg NASCAR Heat Evolution 4.jpg NASCAR Heat Evolution.jpg NASCAR Heat Evolution 5.png NASCAR Heat Evolution 7.png

Do you think NASCAR Heat Evolution will be a good simulation title once its released? Will the new game be a step up in realism from previous games? Can the new game reach the popularity heights of previous Monster Games NASCAR games? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's good to see the developers playing the old games to get a feel for what's good and what's not...looks and sounds promising...I will keep my eye on this one to possibly get my Nascar fix.

Looking forward to this title, Fingers crossed we will have a replacement for NR2003 or ARCA. Unfortunately, as they are aiming for it to also appeal to the casual console user then I wont be keeping my hopes up. Anyway, just wait and see.

Depending on how this game turns out I'd like to host a NASCAR league for Xbox on here. Probably would run 200-300 miles on Saturdays like the Xfinity Series currently.

NASCAR Heat Evolution.jpg

Dusenberry Martin Racing and Monster Games have confirmed their new upcoming NASCAR racer, NASCAR Heat: Evolution, will feature up to 40 player online racing events on both PC, PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game - a first for a console racing title.

As well as the big news regarding the ability to host up to 40 online players in one race, several other new and interesting facts have emerged from the studio in their recent announcement. Sean Wilson, Executive Producer of NASCAR Heat Evolution has confirmed the game with feature adaptive AI functionality, where the AI will adapt to your skill level in order to try and promote close offline racing on the game's many oval tracks.

Unlike previous entries into the NASCAR series, the new Heat Evolution online races will be hosted by a server, taking away the previous necessity for one to host their own event. All data will come from the race server, hopefully providing a robust online solution. One potential sticking point to the admittedly impressive 40 car field online will be... lack of caution flags! Although no caution periods will be available due to the required resources to ensure a stable experience, pitstops will still be available depending on the race length and wear options selected.

It appears that a qualification session will also not be present in multiplayer events, with a players starting position is determined by previous lap times at that track. A strange and slightly worrying choice, as you would imagine determining starting position based on previous laptimes would be more difficult to code than simply adding a qualifying session prior to the race event.

The new announcement is both an exciting advancement for the game, but tempered slightly by some downright bizarre and disappointing decisions regarding the flag rules and qualifying (or lack of) format.

See below for a breakdown of the different available lobbies in multiplayer and the new development diary:

There will be three different online lobbies available: No Rules, Normal, and Hosted.
  • No Rules: If you’re a beginner just looking to learn, bump, and crash (or you just want to bump and crash), the No Rules lobby is for you. This is a great place to practice, try things out, or just have a good time with friends.
  • Normal: For players who want to test their skills but are still looking for a good, clean, and friendly race.
  • Hosted: This lobby is for people who are more serious about racing. Race hosts will have the option to decide which level of player can join the race session. For example, if the host only wants racers level 5 or higher, he or she can set that parameter when creating the session. In addition, hosts have the right to boot players from their game.

NASCAR Heat: Evolution Developer Diary #3 - Game Modes:

NASCAR Heat: Evolution will be available to purchase on the 13th September for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and via Steam for Windows PC.

Check out the NASCAR Heat sub forum here at RaceDepartment for discussions about this game and the latest news articles.

Another video and more information to absorb. Are you looking forward to 40 player online events? Do you think the game will be able to adequately handle that many players? Does the latest video help you make a decision on if you want to purchase this game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
No caution flags can definitely be a problem for leagues. It's not that big of a deal for open servers. I had hundreds of online races in NR2K3 and never once saw a yellow flag.

@Rob Nelson I wish I shared your belief regarding the no yellow flags mate!! :)

Just worry about wreckers and the usual online shenanigans.. plus its a bit of a dampener for potential league runners.. still, 40 players should be epic.

I think I needed to word my previous post differently, there were plenty of wrecks, but no cautions. Most servers had yellow flags off. A 20 lap race on the average open public server will have about 4 green flag laps if cautions are enabled. Don't get me wrong, caution periods definitely belong in this game. Hell, it's NASCAR. There should be a five caution minimum in every race. : )

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.