I didn't play Heat 1 but I loved Heat 2. The career mode is one of my favourite racing game styles. Where you have to climb up. This game looks like it adds more to it so I'm excited. I've seen some people complain about it looking the same in other places but that doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day handling matters most. It doesn't even have to be realistic, just enjoyable

I didn't play Heat 1 but I loved Heat 2. The career mode is one of my favourite racing game styles. Where you have to climb up. This game looks like it adds more to it so I'm excited. I've seen some people complain about it looking the same in other places but that doesn't matter to me because at the end of the day handling matters most. It doesn't even have to be realistic, just enjoyable
I don't think I'd want it too realistic if I was in a career mode against AI. I find the unrealistic aspect of AI is less acceptable in racing sims geared towards realistic physics since you can't really race realistically against AI. It should be more arcade-like to match how you have to "compete" against AI opponents.

I must admit I'm a long time N2003 and GPL user, and in the past wouldn't even think of trying this series, but over the years and with more people using it I'm seriously considering it, especially with all the new added features.

NASCAR predominantly races on oval circuits, however the few times they get to take to a road course they sure do have a good go a picking the best available...

NASCAR Heat 3 will be the third instalment of the recently extended licence to officially recreate the NASCAR Monster Energy Series in videogame form, and with a release to console and PC shaping up to happen in just under two weeks time, 704Games have taken the opportunity to push live a couple of interesting onboard videos at two of the more traditional road circuit locations the series follows.. Road America and the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

Heat 3 looks like it is shaping up to be more of a stepped improvement over previous titles rather than a full blown redesign of the series, and the improvements that are claimed to have been achieved by 704Games sound like a very solid step in the right direction, even if they potentially don't quite go far enough to satisfy some fans who are looking for a more polished and detailed representation of the most popular form of motorsports in the United States.

Set to release on September 7th for Xbox One, PS4 and PC, Heat 3 certainly has plenty to do if it is to prove to the ever loyal fans of NASCAR that the developers have what it takes to produce a convincing and engaging NASCAR racing experience.

NASCAR Heat 3 will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC September 7th 2018.

NASCAR Heat 3 Videos.jpg

Have a look over at our NASCAR Heat 3 sub forum for the latest news and discussions about this upcoming game, and don't forget to leave a comment in our NASCAR Heat 3 Wish List thread and let the developers know what you want to see included in the next and future editions of the series..

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Looking forward to NASCAR Heat 3? What did you think of previous iterations of the series? Let us know you thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Those sounds... How is it possible for a game to sound that terrible? There are quite a few racing games out there with sounds that are complete excrement, it just boggles the mind why that is. The developers really should understand that when you play game you listen to the sounds all the time, so when the sounds are trash you suffer from it all the time, every second of driving the car. So it's kind of an important aspect of a racing game, not something that should be neglected

I am one click away from writing 704Games an email, if they would like to hire a real sound developer...but the last time i did this about an other game, i got banned from their forums...:roflmao::D

So i won´t do it this time and hope for Nascar Heat 4 or start saving money for my next iRacing subscription...

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 194 67.4%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 124 43.1%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 132 45.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 79 27.4%
Back