NAMeS+AI for AMS2 Thunderflash Mods

Other NAMeS+AI for AMS2 Thunderflash Mods v4.42a

Login or Register an account to download this content
hey, thanks so much for all the work you do man, the AI files add so much to the game.

Hey, one question. Have you managed to get the Toyota GT1 to spawn in when using custom AI drivers in a multi-class session? For the life of me, once custom AIs are included, the Toyota just will not spawn. It's spot is taken over by other cars (who are often duplicated) I've tried everything, different classes, isolating the Toyota in it's own GT1 class, editing the field size - I can't get it to spawn. The Panoz, on the other hand, works really well.

Have you encountered this? I just want to check that it happens to everyone and not just my game, or if there's a fix. It might be that particular car has a bug that needs fixing. Thank you!

hey, thanks so much for all the work you do man, the AI files add so much to the game.

Hey, one question. Have you managed to get the Toyota GT1 to spawn in when using custom AI drivers in a multi-class session? For the life of me, once custom AIs are included, the Toyota just will not spawn. It's spot is taken over by other cars (who are often duplicated) I've tried everything, different classes, isolating the Toyota in it's own GT1 class, editing the field size - I can't get it to spawn. The Panoz, on the other hand, works really well.

Have you encountered this? I just want to check that it happens to everyone and not just my game, or if there's a fix. It might be that particular car has a bug that needs fixing. Thank you!
oookay, I think I finally found it. In the AI file, it's Toyota Motorsports #1, 2 and 3. The car is #27, 28 and 29. That's why they wouldn't spawn. So confirmed, just that typo fixes it.

oookay, I think I finally found it. In the AI file, it's Toyota Motorsports #1, 2 and 3. The car is #27, 28 and 29. That's why they wouldn't spawn. So confirmed, just that typo fixes it.
Thanks for catching that. I assume that Thunderflash probably updated those skins for the Toyota GT-One after their initial release. I'll take a look over some of his other recent mods and see if I can find any other such changes before posting an update soon.

John B. Ellis updated NAMeS+AI for AMS2 Thunderflash Mods with a new update entry:

Includes 2017 Formula Renault 3.5 file & revised 80s & 90s Supercar files

This updates includes a file for Thunderflash's new Formula Renault 3.5 mod that recreates the 2017 season. Also included are revised 80s & 90s Supercar files for both street and track-day variants.

The GT4 mod file includes real Alpine GT4 drivers for the PCARS Modding Team mod, as their vehicle is also part of a "GT4 mod" class.

All files have received small attribute adjustments.

Read the rest of this update entry...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

John B. Ellis updated NAMeS+AI for AMS2 Thunderflash Mods with a new update entry:

New 2017 Audi Sport TT Cup file

This update includes the 2017 Audi Sport TT Cup mod that Thunderflash painstakingly resurrected from the ashes of the Audi TTS Racing found in PCARS3. A huge contribution to the sim, in terms of sheer effort.

I decided to change the version number of this collection of AI files to match Thunderflash's latest version, so this update simply jumps the version number up to v3.9. Any incremental updates (i.e.., those updates to AI files that might be posted between Thunderflash updates) will be...

As i am new to AMS2 i have a maybe stupid question.

When using this mod there is something strange when choosing a multiclass grid , for example GT1 and GT1*. I choose 15 GT1 and 6 GT1* cars as opponents. After pressing start my grid contains 4x Panoz, 2 x Toyota GT1, 15x Porsche and me as McLaren. No Merc, no McLaren, no Nissan...

18 GT1 and 4 GT1`ends in a grid of 5 x Panoz, 1 x Toyota, 15 Porsche and me as McLaren

Am i doing something wrong or is there something else i have to consider?

As i am new to AMS2 i have a maybe stupid question.

When using this mod there is something strange when choosing a multiclass grid , for example GT1 and GT1*. I choose 15 GT1 and 6 GT1* cars as opponents. After pressing start my grid contains 4x Panoz, 2 x Toyota GT1, 15x Porsche and me as McLaren. No Merc, no McLaren, no Nissan...

18 GT1 and 4 GT1`ends in a grid of 5 x Panoz, 1 x Toyota, 15 Porsche and me as McLaren

Am i doing something wrong or is there something else i have to consider?
Great question. In my experience, those types of oddities are simply a function of the current state of AMS2 multiclass races involving modded classes. Although Reiza has expressed future plans to offer additional support for mods and modders than what currently exists, weird things do happen like what you describe. Technically speaking, I think there is a way to edit livery and/or AI files to force a specific array of cars within a multiclass category, but I haven't really goofed around with the idea to be able to offer any iron-clad advice on the matter. In the meantime, perhaps you can imagine that the FIA scrutineers issued a ream of off-the-cuff regulations that left the teams scrambling to fill the grid--that definitely sounds reasonable enough.

Last edited:

v4.0 includes 2019 Lotus Cup Europe drivers for the Exige.

v4.0 includes 2019 Lotus Cup Europe drivers (names-matched to the roof decals on each car) for the Lotus Exige Cup 430, which is now available thanks to Thunderflash's tireless efforts.

Note: The release of the Exige brings the total number of driver seats added by Thunderflash to 1,508. Reiza better release their next wave of content before he catches up and surpasses their 2,114 entries in the sim! Someone buy that man a coffee!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea