Tracks Nürburging Gesamtstrecke

Damn we can do some serious jump olympics here :rolleyes:

gGCDwld.jpg

Okay guys so the next upgrade is coming in a few hours. Small vegetation and plants have been layed over the whole nordschleife. Due to the fact that CSP is now offering a new extension called Grass FX that creates procedural grass on the terrain, i'm not going to include grass in the 3D model. Not for now at least. With Grass FX enabled, the vegetation looks awesome, so if you don't have CM, i highly recommend you to acquire it. Of course this new track version is going to include a CSP configuration file.

I want to formally present to you a new layout included called "Steilstrecke - Karousell Loop"

Mr5xyag.jpg

In 1965 and 1966, Scuderia Hanseat organized some drivers training sessions in the karousell section, instructed by Hans Stuck.
The cars started at the foot of the hill, did the Karousell and then when reaching Hohe Acht turned left in order to repeat the test. Of course the downhill driving through the steilstrecke wasn't done at race pace... it was done calmly just to get to the "start line" and do the karousell again.

zD44Yp8.jpg

There have been some modern sessions of this kind of test recorded, like the one depicted in the video Mijuki shared. On it, you can observe the nature of the session.

I wanted to recreate this layout, but in a way that can be used for racing session. After doing some testing, i decided to do it clockwise instead of the original direction. The main reasons are the following:

-Braking is too complex when going downhill at race pace. Besides, it's a 90 degree and very tight corner down there. Not very fun actually.
-You'll find doing the karousell section in the opposite direction is WAY much more fun. We're used to do the Nürburgring in one direction. Doing it in the opposite way is almost like driving a complete new track.

The problem was the pit stop... where to place it??? Space is very tight through the layout.. and i noticed just one place with some "spare" space. After some thought i decided to place it over the Karousell (WHAT?), yes, over the Karousell. The flat high part of it. The race track is going to be just the white concrete part of it, not the higher part. The idea feels strange at first, but after a few sessions you'll notice it's alright. Also, after doing some AI tests, it works great. The start line is the "Continental Reifen" platform.

Also this update includes a new "Touristenfahrten" layout. Essentially, a Nürburgring with open roads. This one has no timing objects, so naturally there's no racing line available. This makes it possible to drive in the opposite direction.
If you start in hotlap start (I mean choosing "Start From: Hotlap Start" in Practice mode in CM) you will spawn on the Breidscheid exit, in Ex-Muhle section. This in case you want to "fast travel" to far locations of the track.

There's a few other small fixes included, but this is it overall.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I meant much more than right now, just to bring this more to life like we have in these days at the Nürburgring. It currently looks too sterile IMO.

ffkNiHj.jpg

Z8zfj2F.jpg

Looks like a Grand Prix weekend? probably not.. but sterile?? i can't agree with that. I chose the amount of spectators in a way that can represent a normal race weekend, taking into account that Grand Prix weekends weren't a regular racing day at the Nürburgring.. it was just one weekend each year. I feel the amount of spectators is okay, but there's a few solutions if you personally want more.
There's an option in CSM called "Adjust amount of spectators" under "Track Adjustments" in CSP extensions. If you enable this option, the amount of spectators will increase or decrease depending if you are on a full grid race or solo practice. I think you will get much more spectators this way.
The second solution, is that you manually edit "camera_facing" config files under each "data" folder of each layout. Raise the number under "ELEMENTS" row. Currently it's 5000. You can get as many as you want.

As for tents and vehicles and stuff. Maybe in a future update i could add more of this stuff, but not a priority as of now.

V0.8 RELEASED:

-Steilstrecke Loop and Touristenfahrten layouts included

-The Steilstrecke loop was the same loop used in Scuderia Hanseat's drivers training back in 65' and 66' for the purpose of karousell training, but this time reversed.

-Touristenfahrten layout has all roads open. It's just a free roam layout, not race. You can spawn in Ex-Muhle if you choose "Hotlap Start"

-Final vegetation.

-Small tree shaders adjustments.

-Small AI fix (going into the sudschleife from sudkehre)

-Small track texture contrast adjustment

-New concrete texture for bridges

-Small collision fixes

-Small terrain fixes

What's next?

-Full night configuration (I need to watch some tutorials before hehe)
-Replay cameras (If someone wants to help with this that would be awesome. It's a long work)
-Track groove
-Tire Marks
-Other minor stuff

I will also study the possibility of releasing wet versions.

Enjoy!

Slowly learning :rolleyes:

IZlpOGh.jpg

After this i'm going to configure seasons.

Btw replay cameras is finished. I just have to solve a bit of an issue with the AI. When a car pits, it triggers the back straight cameras. I managed to find a solution though. The pit positions have been moved a little bit closer to the track, and you will see the AI doing a strange trajectory through main and back straight, but it's nothing that should impact AI performance.

Cheers

V0.9 RELEASED:

-Replay cameras
-Touristenfahrten has no replay cameras, because replay cameras require an AI line. In order to have this layout to be as freely as it should, it needs to have no AI line at all.
-AI line for the main and back straights around the pit straight and pit box positions have been modified in order to bypass a problem that arises with replay cameras when going through the pits.
-Alternative replay set for betonschleife made by FFF789

-Full CSP configuration file
-Includes full night mode
-Winter and autumn seasons

-Big 3d model improvements regarding some building windows and texture

-Big 3d model improvements regarding terrain around Döttinger Höhe and Hohenrain

-Few specific terrain and visual road fixes

-Tree LOD fix

Enjoy!

Hi again!

I haven't checked here in a little while, and I'm pleasantly surprised by your work these past few months to say the least.

You'll be proud to know that the folks over at cmsracing.com just hosted a race on the Nordschleife portion of the track Sunday with the GPL mod. After participating, I see you've fixed everything I mentioned a few months ago; walls didn't suck me in where I hit them, the bump at the end of the back straight has been flattened, and most notably the track edge grooves are gone.
Thank you so much for fixing this! I tend to hang close to the grass and this change is a huge plus.

The Gesamtstrecke is great, and I still have to try out the other layouts, e.g. Steilstrecke.

One thing I noticed during the race is that the outer edge of the large karussell's banking is rather sharp, if you see what I mean. In addition, the end is rather abrupt; on the Kunos version the right edge of the banking drops off (very) slightly more gradually, although your version could be historically accurate.

Also, I don't know how steep the Flugplatz hill was back then, but the current angle gives this kind of flight at full speed in the Cooper, which is slower than the Lotus and Eagle (see picture). Did drivers dab the brakes before they crested?

20200106055825_1.jpg

It's higher than it looks, more than a car's height; I'd say about a meter.

Apart from these minor observations, I find the track surface in itself remarkable. Very uneven, it really feels like a 1967 track. Driving these cars here is a real battle the whole way around, even without other drivers, as it should. Makes the car feel alive. Bravo for such detail!

This is shaping up to be the best historic Nurburgring, and one of the best tracks, for AC IMO. I can't overstate how you really nailed the road itself.

PS: I think someone posted a link to a replay of Sunday's race (about 10 cars on track at once, real drivers). If it could help you out I can send it to you.

Also, I don't know how steep the Flugplatz hill was back then, but the current angle gives this kind of flight at full speed in the Cooper, which is slower than the Lotus and Eagle (see picture). Did drivers dab the brakes before they crested?
Some lifted a little in anticipation, many did not. If you search enough pics, you'll find someone getting about a meter of altitude. Altitude is also a factor of how much aero lift a particular model has.

Thank you!

According to Jackie Stewart, during these years the cars used to get airborne 13 times each lap. Surely they lifted before flugplatz. I tried to recreate all the jumps i could see in the videos, dunno if i got the 13 jumps right :D but it's definitely a lot closer to what it was to drive the track during those years. In 1970 the big revamp smoothened some of these jumps.

Drivers used to prefer the sudschleife because it was much less dangerous. After driving on them you can clearly notice why was that lol.

Last edited:
Hi guys, this is officially not a beta anymore, version 1.0 is here. (Actually 1.0.1 thanks to a little mistake when uploading :whistling:)
I don't plan on releasing any more updates unless some bug shows up or something like that, so basically this is it.
It comes with wet layouts, so now you can recreate your own rainy 1968 german grand prix! :D
Also, the config file for CSP comes now inside the track folder, so please delete any previous nurburgring1967.ini you had. The same file is already on github, so whatever happens you can download it via CM.
Now that i'm done with this track i will focus all my efforts to bring Fuji 68 back to life.

Cheers!

V1.0:

• Wet versions for all layouts (Thanks to Alberto Fracasso for the textures)
  • Tire groove and skids around the track in all layouts.
  • Set of balloons included in every dry layout.
  • Background images for CSP's New Loading Screen. (This extension must be enabled and "Use extension/backgrounds images" box ticked).
  • Stationary vehicle models added into the scenario, including ambulance, fire truck, caravans and other vehicles.
  • CSP config seasons fix. (This is already available to download from github via CM). Now the file is located inside nurburgring1967/extension folder. Delete previous nurburgring1967.ini files located in extension/config/tracks and extension/config/tracks/loaded to avoid any inconveniences.
  • Trees and scenario modifications for counter-clockwise roaming (Some places used to look horrible when going counter-clockwise. Not anymore)
  • Crews and marshall textures and models enhanced
  • Mullenbach bridge collision fix
  • Minor 3D model fixes

Hello, I am have loaded all files into assetto corsa as suggested, however cannot get the track to load. Can you let me know what I may be doing wrong? It appears in CM menus, I am able to select a layout, however once I click Go!, it begins to load and I get the error message - Race Cancelled - with options to Try Again, or close. This occurs with all layouts.

Hello, I am have loaded all files into assetto corsa as suggested, however cannot get the track to load. Can you let me know what I may be doing wrong? It appears in CM menus, I am able to select a layout, however once I click Go!, it begins to load and I get the error message - Race Cancelled - with options to Try Again, or close. This occurs with all layouts.
Search in documents/assetto corsa/logs/log. Share this file with me, maybe i can discover the problem

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back