Mystery of .trk file

Where can one find any info as how the .trk is formed? I bet everyone of you have to edit it by hand at somepoint. And i know that there are definitive answer to this but as usual, some like to keep that info hidden.

What is the structure? What information it holds? I can of course read it and it is pretty easy to understand most of it. But editing it.. whole another story. I have had to use trial and error but there is a definite limit to that approach. Maybe it could be usefull to many to know a little more about it?

So, please, share your wisdom and contribute to the community. It took me a while to gather just the basic information to fix the obvious ones and don't wish to poke around blindfolded anymore.

I could start this by sharing what i have learned but without the knowledge of the basic functions it would be so flawless that i probably would cause more harm than help.

Of course it could be that the BTB Evo community has ceased to exist and everybody is doing either rFactor or RBR.

The TRK file is just Simbins take on rFactors TDF file.

In this file (the TDF at least) you can assign specific attribute to objects with certain material names.

For example, if you assign bumpiness to material 'gravel', then every object with that material assigned to it will be bumpy when driven over.

It doesn`t just stop there though, there are a whole host of things you can change.

The TRK file is just Simbins take on rFactors TDF file.

In this file (the TDF at least) you can assign specific attribute to objects with certain material names.

For example, if you assign bumpiness to material 'gravel', then every object with that material assigned to it will be bumpy when driven over.

It doesn`t just stop there though, there are a whole host of things you can change.

You mean SCN:

The SCN (Scenery) file contains;

• Details to the locations of permitted MAS files
  • References to, and properties of GMT model files
  • Draw distances
And TDF in both formats:

Terrain.tdf (Terrain Definition File) contains all of the road surface grip and bump levels and details for useage of graphic effects such as spray, dust, rain droplets, etc.

But thanks, there seems to be more info on rFactors format and if i'm correct "Race07 .trk" = "rFactor .scn". I'll post my findings after some tests.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back