My vimeo videos have been deleted without warning

My youtube videos are ok but my vimeo videos have been deleted without warning because they contain what they say is game footage and this is against their rules.

See email below if you are interested.

To:
Subject: RE: My videos have gone and I can't log in anymore.
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 21:30:54 +0000

Quote:
he Vimeo staff has decided that we are no longer going to allow gaming videos on Vimeo. Specifically, we are no longer going to allow game walk-throughs, game strategy videos, depictions of player vs player battles, raids, fraps, or any other video gaming videos that simply depict individuals playing a video game. Videos falling into this category will be subject to deletion as of September 1st; new videos of this type will be removed.
Unquote.

My videos did not fall into the caterorgy of walk through, strategy, player vs player battle or a vdeo gaming video that depicts individuals plating a video game becasue my videos were simulated car races not games. It is more like a competitive sport. The drivers train and their equipment is just like the cockpit of a real car.

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:45:14 +0000
To:
Subject: Re: My videos have gone and I can't log in anymore.

JAN 25, 2011 | 08:44PM UTC
Hi Martin,

You are free to tell whoever you like, but our rules are pretty clearly laid out on the sign up page, the upload page, and from the URL I gave you before. So we think it's pretty obvious. I'm afraid we cannot restore access to these videos, they violate our guidelines and cannot knowingly have any violating content on our site.

Sincerely,
Matt Schwarz
---------------------------------------

Martin
JAN 25, 2011 | 08:38PM UTC
I did not notice that in the small print :)>(

Please can I warn fellow sim racers via posts in sim racing forums?

Sim racing videos are an important record of league races. I am rather shocked that they have been deleted. Im not sure if I have copies of them all. Please can you temporarily re instate my account so I can download them?

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:28:34 +0000
To:
Subject: Re: My videos have gone and I can't log in anymore.
JAN 25, 2011 | 08:27PM UTC
Hi Martin,

I'm sorry but your account violated our guidelines: vimeo.com/guidelines

Vimeo does not allow any type of gameplay footage. I'm afraid we cannot restore this account, but we wish you luck in finding another service to better suit your needs.

Sincerely,
Matt Schwarz
---------------------------------------

Martin
JAN 25, 2011 | 08:24PM UTC
Original message
I have requested a new password three times. Every time I get the email below I can change the password but when I try and use the new password I get "The email address and password you entered do not match". I am using the correct email address. I am using google chrome portable which is a web browser. I have cleared my user data including passwords. I have used different password resets each time. Also, all my video's seem to have been deleted. I don't think I have broken any rules. This happened after I posted a video of a sim car race and I used the text to attract other sim racers to join a sim racing league at http://www.conline.cc/en/

Unfortunately I said in the text "this is and advert for our league". Maybe you have a bot that suspends accounts that have advertising but I was not selling anything, I was just wanting to attract more drivers to race with. It is not a commercial thing. Nobody has to pay or anything.

Please put my videos back or let me download them so I can move them to youtube.

My embedded videos are mostly in http://www.conline.cc/en/ and last week they all changed to "sorry this video does not exist".

Well, yes... I have warned people about it when I saw the videos being hosted on vimeo. They don't allow gaming videos, and some of their users even browse random videos and flag them if they're inappropriate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back