My Summer Car New Build Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
My Summer Car Update - April 2017 3.jpg

Amistech Games have released another new update for My Summer Car on Steam, addressing several existing issues and adding new two wheeled vehicle...

Pretty much one of the most hilarious driving "simulations" available to play on either PC or current generation consoles, My Summer Car really is a journey into the unknown for players who look to experience more than just simply driving a selection of different vehicles across detailed 90's Finnish landscapes.

Receiving something of a cult following since it released on Steam back in October 2016, the game continues to go from strength to strength as more and more new features are added and existing issues receive attention, helping My Summer Car to gradually become a more complete package and live up to the early promise displayed by this unique one man pet project.

Yesterday the game received another sizeable update that aimed to address several outstanding issues with the current build release of the title. As well as resolving a number of known bugs, Amistech have also added a brand new form of transport to the game in the form of a two wheeled moped. The new bike can, as with all content in the game, be used in either a sober or drunken state, and is subject to the same ridiculous crashes and antics as much of the content already playable from previous builds.

17/04/2017 Build Update Notes:

• Fixed bug in handbrake that caused the inspection to fail every time
  • Fixed problems with drinking and handling of Juice cans
  • Fixed ODDITY with the Fleetari not being able to trigger his revenge, works now
  • Made the duration much longer before Fleetari starts calling about his car
  • Made a settings toggle for AI skidmarks
  • Fixed unlimited sugar bug with Kilju bucket
  • Fixed bug with passing out at the cottage
  • Leveled the terrain at Peräjärvi and home pier to stop vehicles sliding into the lake
  • Added moped (do not try to drive moped inside another vehicle, YOU WILL DIE)
  • Added visual damage to Head Gasket to help diagnose destroyed Head Gasket
  • Fixed issue with being able to drive Ferndale from rear seat
  • Fixed a delay in fuelling process
  • Fixed a bug where truck did not check the fuel level when starting the engine
  • Added glovebox hatch and gas cap for Satsuma
  • Fixed bug with steering wheel bolt referencing to distributor... don't ask :D
  • Added more voice acting for Teimo
  • Adjusted targeting of piss
  • Added 2-stroke fuel to Teimo's shop
  • Boat consumes fuel now
  • Added more Achievements and made distinctive icons for permadeath-only Achievements
  • Made swamp deeper right next to the rail tracks
  • Fixed issue with Kilju bucket colliding with vehicles
  • Changed Kilju bucket starting position to the cottage
  • Drivers Licence allows now single letter last names
  • Added towing hooks to that yellow bastard car (well just for fun!)
  • Added (brought back) camera, photos go to your Windows "Pictures" folder
  • Fixed issue with vehicles not colliding each other properly when being towed

About The Game

My Summer Car is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.

• Full car assembly with over hundred parts
  • Detailed driving and engine simulation
  • Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
  • Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
  • Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
  • Rally event to participate in
  • Permanent death
  • Sauna bathing
  • 90's Finnish summer!
  • Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
  • Much more!

My Summer Car is available to purchase exclusively on Windows PC via the Steam Network right now!
My Summer Car Update - April 2017 2.jpg
My Summer Car Update - April 2017 4.jpg
My Summer Car Update - April 2017.jpg

Check out the My Summer Car sub forum here at RaceDepartment to keep up to date with all the latest news regarding this quirky driving game. As is usually the case with these sub forums, we offer you a place to get together with your fellow community members and discuss the gaming experience, plus we have a growing collection of weird and wonderful mods for you to try in our downloads section. Pop in a say hello today!

Have you tried the new update to My Summer Car yet? What do you think of how the game is developing so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
as someone who hasnt played it yet and knows next to nothing about the game, just reading the patch notes was hilarious
I have kept looking at it over the last few months , well mods on the downloads section ,
Looks a fun game , if you could import cars maybe ,
Not 100% what the games about :D

Does it have any tutorial to complete the building of the car? Or can you just used prebuilt cars?
I mean...I don't know how to build a motor:thumbsdown::(:sick::(:(:(
Is this in Spanish too? That would also simplify a lot for me when it comes to technical stuff!

Does it have any tutorial to complete the building of the car? Or can you just used prebuilt cars?
I mean...I don't know how to build a motor:thumbsdown::(:sick::(:(:(
Is this in Spanish too? That would also simplify a lot for me when it comes to technical stuff!

There is a very good guide on the Steam forums. But the fun about it is trying to learn as you go. :)

It's barely in English. All the voice acting is in Finnish and subtitles seem....short by comparison.

Still, it's good fun. Looking forward to picking it up again in the future. Put it to one side after building the car so as not to "burn out" on an unfinished game.
With me like ,
Just my opinion , If the cars looked cool , Or it had cool cars , Or I can add my own cool cars ,
Then maybe I be like oooh Ill buy it ,
But the cars look like crap and low poly ,
And poor textures , So just dont feel any excitement at all regarding the game , although the interest is high ,
Just not appealing ,

Not saying add ferrari or porsche of whatever ,
Some 90,s old fords or something cool from the real world still be nice :)

" Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.
  • Permanent death"
....wait what :O_o: :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back