My Summer Car December Update is Here!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
My Summer Car Updated - Deuces.jpg

Check out the details of the December My Summer Car update!

Released to coincide with the 100th year of independence for Finland achieved on December 6 1917, the new build release for cult car collection / building / driving / hijinks simulation My Summer Car comes with some interesting and distinctly My Summer Car ish style changes, highlights of which include glovebox functionality, stress levels related to car game losses, car CD player and many other things not traditionally seen in normal driving games....

Check out the build update below...
  • Added oil contamination simulation
  • Added oil dipstick to check out oil level and quality
  • Added Oil Filters to Teimo store
  • Added rudimentary aerodynamic lift to Satsuma, makes the car more unstable at high speeds
  • Made Satsuma glove box functional
  • Losing and winning in card game now affects Stress
  • Added seatbelts to Satsuma, Hayosiko and Gifu
  • Not using seatbelts is now traffic infraction
  • Gifu windshield can be now broken
  • Fixed car radio stereo effect
  • Added tire wear and puncture
  • Every tire can be now installed freely to any corner of the car
  • Added more aftermarket wheels to the parts catalogue
  • Adjusted Satsuma cooling efficiency and fuel consumption
  • Electric sauna stove cools down faster now
  • Fixed Fleetari issues with engine adjustments/tuning and rim painting
  • Added custom song CD which can be played with car CD player (max. 15 songs)
  • Decreased Satsuma braking performance
  • Added possible destructive house fire
  • Moved Parts Magazine to garage table
  • Player can now drown when too drunk
  • Sleeping with cigarette can start a fire
  • Satsuma handbrake setting is now saved
  • Added two wood carriers for transporting fire woods

WARNING: Due the big change in tire system, you might lose all your aftermarket tires while your original tires have been re-spawned to the garage.

About The Game

My Summer Car is the ultimate car owning, building, fixing, tuning, maintenance AND permadeath life survival simulator. You start the game with hundreds of loose parts and assemble both car and engine. Not only you need to maintain your car, but yourself as well. Sausages, beer and sleeping will do just fine.

If everything goes well, you have a working car which you can use for various 1990's Finnish countryside summer activities. Basically doing stupid things under influence of alcohol. After you have gathered extra money from various random jobs, you can start to tune and upgrade the car with parts ordered via snail mail. You can turn the car into a obnoxious bass-boom disco machine.... or into a rally car to participate rally competitions... or just fix it into perfect factory condition. Of course car also needs to pass the inspection or you might get into trouble with police.

Not only you have access to one car, but also several other cars and vehicles which you can use. (Mostly useful to get groceries and for towing the project car from some ditch, again).

Warning, this game is not for fainted heart. Severe car fever is required to play this properly due to it's autistic approach on car building.
  • Full car assembly with over hundred parts
  • Detailed driving and engine simulation
  • Various other vehicles, cars and boat to use and drive
  • Dozens of kilometers worth of dirt and paved roads with AI traffic
  • Random paying jobs to cover food, beverage and fuel expenses
  • Rally event to participate in
  • Permanent death
  • Sauna bathing
  • 90's Finnish summer!
  • Support for steering wheel and shifter controllers
  • Much more!
My Summer Car is available exclusively to PC now.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Like the new build release? Let us know in the comments section below!

Image Credit: Deuces

Last edited:
I love this game.

I have pirated because I don't have money (student issues), but when I get some money, I wanna buy that Game with any doubt.

And with every update, that Game is better and better.

11/10!

mod-edit: congrats here is your first temporary forum ban. On RD you can't pirate awesome games that cost only 14,99 euros.

Instead get a job, earn some cash and buy your games just like anybody else does.

giphy.gif

Later

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it's not a bright idea to come to the forums admiting you have pirated a game... :roflmao:

I've checked the update, seems cool, i just have some wuestins, is there anyway to check the tire wear in game? and to upgrade the tires should i just buy the rims i want or do i have to buuy the rims and install the tires at Fleetari's?

well, it's not a bright idea to come to the forums admiting you have pirated a game... :roflmao:

I've checked the update, seems cool, i just have some wuestins, is there anyway to check the tire wear in game? and to upgrade the tires should i just buy the rims i want or do i have to buuy the rims and install the tires at Fleetari's?
At least it is sincere. And I understand, because I've also gone through that stage of student. Of not having a penny, and of the little time that one has to rest, having to do that. I now why I work and I can afford them. But now I see it at € 14, but when I was a university student, having € 3 was enough for me. You work, but to pay the University, and the residence rent. Is hard.

I think that banning to that user for that, I think the side for that, is excessive.

Well it's not like its the only game in the world. If u cant afford something that doesnt mean you can steal it. Save up or pick cheaper/free alternative. As for punishment, well up to mod but i wouldnt want someone to advertise their pirate adventures on my site :rolleyes:

Well it's not like its the only game in the world. If u cant afford something that doesnt mean you can steal it. Save up or pick cheaper/free alternative. As for punishment, well up to mod but i wouldnt want someone to advertise their pirate adventures on my site :rolleyes:
Depending un which country, is legal to download, and it is not considered theft if you do not benefit from profit.

Depending un which country, is legal to download, and it is not considered theft if you do not benefit from profit.
As we are folks from different countries on international forum id like us to use a common standard in our community that piracy is bad and you shouldn't do it. "Hey i pirated this game but im from X country" doesnt rly work here or makes any sense

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back