1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sim Cockpit

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by dedraro, Nov 23, 2014.

1. 11/09/2015
    http://s16.postimg.org/evw7vgryd/DSC_0001.jpg

01/25/2015
    http://s29.postimg.org/ao5nlsz13/DSC_0775.jpg
    Scroll the pages to see the evolution of the project :D

Hello to all guys are Dario'm 20, I'm Italian and have always been passionate about cars and video games, a combination that took the life of a few weeks, since I was able to finally realize a driving position up to my expectations, it is not over yet there are still a lot of details. Here are the components of the PC:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

pc has the following configuration:
    CPU: Intel i5 4690k (I'm waiting for the arrivals macho to overclock at least 4.0)
    VGA: r9 280 (soon I will take another for crossfire)
    RAM: Vengeance 2x4GB
    HDD: WD 1tb
    ALI: Corsair CX750M
    MB: MSI z97 Gaming 5
    CASE: Zalman z11 plus

Here the assembly:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. And now the station itself, which I made with wood and reinforcing steel brackets an old coffee table that I used before, always with the Logitech G27, the seat is a Sparco Evo L, while the 3 monitors are AOC E2461F

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

And there it stands now

http://s12.postimg.org/f7auugccd/DSC_0556.jpg [/ IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In fact to be honest I also made a sequential gearbox, soon put the photos that too. What do you think?
    PS: I hope not to have the wrong section

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. jimortality

jimortality
    Premium Member

Thats great

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thank you so much! :D

5. You need a lot more angle on the monitors!
    What are these springs for?
    [​IMG]

Nice build! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. This is a hand brake, and springs belong to a rc 1/10
    For the angle I tried with a view more closed, but depends on the game, now I'm playing to Assetto Corse and WRC4 and frankly I fell good :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. thanks kjell, i try a new config for the monitor, I will let you know soon

• Like Like x 2
  8. This morning came the quick release

[​IMG]

Will go along with a steering wheel OMP 330mm that is coming to me, I must say that sparco no exceptions, an excellent quality, now I just have to build me an adapter to mount it on the G27, then it will take at least one more for a future steering wheel

Anyway I recorded this little video test, to make you see how it goes, what do you think?? the quality is not the best, the next I want to turn a gopro :p

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. mystaaRS

mystaaRS
    If you get a Quali Place, you can get a Race Pace

@dedraro That Sim Cockpit looks so great! Great job on it :thumbsup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 787b ? Who's mod ?

11. thanks Rami :D

Yes it's a mod, if you want i can send you, i don't know if i can post here.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

Happy racing!:thumbsup:

13. Nice work dedraro,

I like your mods, and the whole build. I am quite interested to see how you modded the G27 shifter to be sequential? Looking forward to more pics mate.

Cheers, AussieStig

14. Thanks for the compliments :D
    The shifter I made from an old one of the G25, and I duplicated the buttons on the steering wheel and connected two small switches such as those of the paddles, soon put the proceedings.

15. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

The Logitech shifter switches between H and Sequential modes by holding it down while you turn the large switch in the centre. Doesn't need to be modded. I use mine mainly in Sequential mode.

16. You probably use a G25 because I have a G27 and cant change it to sequential.

• Beer Beer x 1
  17. Connor Caple

Connor Caple
    Slowest Racer in Town...

Wow! That's a step backwards, didn't know they'd done that. Taking away the ability to switch between the two seems a bit strange.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Limiting areas of possible problems I reckon, also they prob figured that most G27 users where gamers and would use the paddles instead.

19. Unfortunately so is the g27 has the very useful option that had the g25, the sequential gearbox :S

This morning came the OMP steering wheel, I must say that good quality but not perfect.

[​IMG]

Assembled with the quick release, now I just have to create an adapter to mount it on the G27, unfortunately, the screws of the steering wheel were too short I had to use them, but soon change.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Meanwhile this morning I had already shot this little video with the Lotus 49 at Monza in 1966, what do you think?