My Sim Cockpit

11/09/2015
http://s16.postimg.org/evw7vgryd/DSC_0001.jpg

01/25/2015
http://s29.postimg.org/ao5nlsz13/DSC_0775.jpg
Scroll the pages to see the evolution of the project :D

Hello to all guys are Dario'm 20, I'm Italian and have always been passionate about cars and video games, a combination that took the life of a few weeks, since I was able to finally realize a driving position up to my expectations, it is not over yet there are still a lot of details. Here are the components of the PC:

DSC_0466.jpg
DSC_0465.jpg

DSC_0475.jpg
DSC_0476.jpg

DSC_0478.jpg
DSC_0488.jpg

DSC_0489.jpg
DSC_0492.jpg

pc has the following configuration:
CPU: Intel i5 4690k (I'm waiting for the arrivals macho to overclock at least 4.0)
VGA: r9 280 (soon I will take another for crossfire)
RAM: Vengeance 2x4GB
HDD: WD 1tb
ALI: Corsair CX750M
MB: MSI z97 Gaming 5
CASE: Zalman z11 plus

Here the assembly:
DSC_0496.jpg
DSC_0499.jpg

DSC_0500.jpg
DSC_0501.jpg

DSC_0503.jpg
DSC_0504.jpg

DSC_0505.jpg
DSC_0508.jpg

DSC_0509.jpg
DSC_0513.jpg

DSC_0516.jpg
DSC_0562.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Dedraro,

I'm a little late to the camp, but I was wondering if you had some more information on how you reinforced your SRW-S1. I like the idea of a quick release as I use a couple of different style wheels that I use. I also have the SRW-S1, but have not used it on my rig because I have so far I have not really found a solution to mount I that I like, however the idea of using a quick release looks like it might be what I'm after. I just need some ideas on how you reinforced it.

Hello, I sold srw for some time, however, I simply drilled from inside the body of the steering wheel, and added a 3mm aluminum plate from behind.

old photos:
https://s29.postimg.org/emhlqpuuf/03.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/bjrp5ae6d/2015_01_13_13_06_03.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi Dedraro,

I'm a little late to the camp, but I was wondering if you had some more information on how you reinforced your SRW-S1. I like the idea of a quick release as I use a couple of different style wheels that I use. I also have the SRW-S1, but have not used it on my rig because I have so far I have not really found a solution to mount I that I like, however the idea of using a quick release looks like it might be what I'm after. I just need some ideas on how you reinforced it.

S1 was never designed for FFB and is seriously weak on the hand grip mounts. The only way to re enforce the wheel itself is with epoxy. But this still isn't fool proof, if your Rough with your wheel, it WILL break a handle off in the future.

What QR's do you have ?

preview_image_1_53556962x_zps2ee85515.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Upvote 0
S1 was never designed for FFB and is seriously weak on the hand grip mounts. The only way to re enforce the wheel itself is with epoxy. But this still isn't fool proof, if your Rough with your wheel, it WILL break a handle off in the future.

What QR's do you have ?

preview_image_1_53556962x_zps2ee85515.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

How is the epoxy holding up.? If I go through with it, I might have to drop FFB down to suit which is not a problem.

I haven't invested in a quick release, yet. I'm currently using an OMP Trecento after market race wheel, G27 adapter plate, extended paddles and custom backing plate and and would like the ability to change over different styles of wheel for when I'm racing different cars, I have just bought an old style wooden wheel for vintage racing, but I prefer not to have to unscrew 6 screws every time I change cars. If the QR works, then I will have 3 wheels at my disposal that I can change over in a second which will be nice.

If I could find am open wheeler style racing wheel for a fair price then I'd just invest in that instead of trying to adapt the SRW-S1. While the buttons and dials are nice, I made a custom backing plate that connects to the original G27 connections that give me 6 buttons, plus I have a button box, too.

Upvote 0
Hello, I sold srw for some time, however, I simply drilled from inside the body of the steering wheel, and added a 3mm aluminum plate from behind.

old photos:
https://s29.postimg.org/emhlqpuuf/03.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/bjrp5ae6d/2015_01_13_13_06_03.jpg

That looks fairly easy to construct, Dedraro. I have a laser cutter on hand at work which is nice. I gather you just placed the 3mm piece behind the circuit board and sandwiched the rear plastic cover between that and the quick release?

Upvote 0
That looks fairly easy to construct, Dedraro. I have a laser cutter on hand at work which is nice. I gather you just placed the 3mm piece behind the circuit board and sandwiched the rear plastic cover between that and the quick release?
yes, I have done so, however, Currency well the spaces, the picture was not the final piece, I had to cut it and adapt it still much to make him stand.

Upvote 0
Congrats for your cockpit Dedraro! I enjoyed the evolution of your setup. Willing to come to your actual status in a future. I sent you a PM on the german forum yesterday. Just curious if you had more pics on your DIY pedals. I love them and it would be great to have a detailed look at them....i know it´s difficult to make pics while mounted now, but hey maybe I am lucky!
Thx in advance.

Upvote 0
Congrats for your cockpit Dedraro! I enjoyed the evolution of your setup. Willing to come to your actual status in a future. I sent you a PM on the german forum yesterday. Just curious if you had more pics on your DIY pedals. I love them and it would be great to have a detailed look at them....i know it´s difficult to make pics while mounted now, but hey maybe I am lucky!
Thx in advance.

hello razzta01, photo, unfortunately I do not have many of these posted right here, however, I took inspiration from these wooden pedals, they are in fact very similar to mine, only that my course are aluminum.
https://chippedwood.wordpress.com/2015/09/03/diy-hydraulic-load-cell-sim-racing-pedals/

Upvote 0
Hi guys, it's a lot of not updating, here's my simulator, with 2dof, 350W motors driven by Sabertooth 2x32, real beasts!
cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

And here's a video of the simulator running
biggrin.gif

Bye
wink.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Come on a long way over the years friend. REAL NICE

Question: The motion jerk with changing gear, when your on the brakes and the seat pushes forward, do you still feel the jerk when changing down gears?

Recommendation: Speakers raised off the floor please, too amateur for such a good rig ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Question: The motion jerk with changing gear, when your on the brakes and the seat pushes forward, do you still feel the jerk when changing down gears?

Recommendation: Speakers raised off the floor please, too amateur for such a good rig ;)
We say we do not perceive the jerk as in acceleration, only with porsche 919 or formula 1 ecc slightly, but there are the bass shakers that make me feel the braking stroke. For speakers I use very little, I usually use headphones. Anyway thanks for the advice, I will follow him ;)

Upvote 0

Braking surge is Highly dependent on the Physics of said car and How aggressively your tuning your Surge min/max in relation to your Axis %. If you don't have enough head room in general, You Can and will overcome the Shifting Surge with Pure Braking Surge.

Fine tuning motion is like Fine tuning a Tactile setup, Both require Vast amount of tuning skills and knowledge to get it right. More often than not we see Rookie motion guys with Axis backwards and thing's completely outta skew, But the Overall immersion tends to trip up the Brain.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back