• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

My 3 projector curved screen setup

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Marius@Warpalizer, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Marius@Warpalizer

Marius@Warpalizer

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi guys!

I'm Marius from Norway, I work with Warpalizer (Warp and blend software).

This is my personal 3 projector curved screen setup. I made this screen myself, to see how cheap I could pull off a good screen for gaming.

This was the drawing of the room, the screen and projectors:
    [​IMG]

I decided to use my office for this, the room is 3x3m. The MDF sheets I used for the screen is 4mm.
    The screen cost itself is about 200 usd (!).
    Projectors is ASUS B1M, they cost about 600 usd. I use a Dell Precision M6700 notebook and a old Logitech Driving Force Pro with home made adapter for OMP steering wheel and extender for shifter. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Teaser:
    [​IMG]

I hope to get some help setting up FOV for some racing games here, as I love racing games myself and play alot on my spare time.
    Which games do you want to see on this screen?

Best Regards,
    Marius

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Marius@Warpalizer

Marius@Warpalizer

Ratings:
    +15
    Here is a video for you guys, please set quality to 720p. The video was recorded in "first person" with a old ContourHD camera:

Some more pictures of games, man it's really hard taking photos of this! The room is also way to small (another lens on the camera would do)

Shift 2 Unleashed:
    I have to say I love both these cameras. The helmet cam feels so real, and the bumper cam is so immersive!
    Helmet Cam -
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Bumper Cam -
    [​IMG]

Live for Speed:
    Good old Live for Speed, wow this game really deserves a graphics update.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ISI's rFactor:
    With Supra mod, really love the handling and sound of this mod!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iRacing:
    Amazing sim!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. Death_Magnetic

Death_Magnetic

Ratings:
    +16
    can you show some videos? it looks epic!

4. Marius@Warpalizer

Marius@Warpalizer

Ratings:
    +15
    Here :) Exuse the "fisheye" effect, I had to record it with a Contour HD camera, and sit a little bit further back than whats optimal.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Marius@Warpalizer

Marius@Warpalizer

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Guys, I hope your summer have been good. I've aquired a GoPro Hero3 Black camera now, to record videos of games with. What games would you like to see on this screen? :)

6. jefbougy

jefbougy

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice piece of work, Marius! :thumbsup: Tell us, how did you create that curving support on wich you attached the screen? :sneaky:

7. Marius@Warpalizer

Marius@Warpalizer

Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks jefbougy. The mdf sheets are in fact just fixed to the wall. There was a little area that is flat in the middle, that I made to fit the curving with bondo :)