My 2 biggest gripes...

Keith Gregg

CAUTION - SLOW VEHICLE
I have over 720 hours clocked in Assetto so please dont think I am Trolling or whatever.
The 2 things that bug me most about Assetto is 2 inconsistencies
1. Inconsistent driver view - I now pretty much only use the 'hood cam' as I am totally fed up with messing around trying to get the driver view right for me every time in every car. In theory the onboard 'reset' or 'auto-position' should do it, but nope. Every car is totally different...sometimes the hands on the wheel are huge...sometimes small. This makes the feeling of speed different in every car. If it was just mods I could understand it but its the official cars. I just want to get the view set up as i like it and have it apply to every car.
2. Inconsistent AI - It seems strange to me that I can have a decent race...maybe even win...on 1 circuit...but with everything set exactly the same just a different circuit I will get my backside handed to me on a plate big time. How are you supposed to setup a championship or whatever with such massive differences in AI behaviour from track to track. Again...if it was just the mods I could understand it but its the official tracks too.
These 2 problems make the sim feel a little 'disjointed' to me...Like its all bits and pieces taken from all over the place and put together.
Again please dont think I am Trolling...I love Assetto and since I bought it in early access I have become addicted to it lol...spending way to much money on my rig etc.
Regards

I'm sure I've missed a lot, but those were my own reasons for switching over.

(I do hope we're not overly hijacking the thread... it does address one of the OP's gripes but it's turning into a bit of a commercial for CM. :D )

I think a cool thing about CM is that it allows you to make any car sound like any other one. I can't stand the sewing-machine sound of the modern F1 cars; I don't really like driving them all that much anyway, but I might make one sound like the '67 Matra and give it a go just for grins.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back