• "I don't know." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Multiplayer setup help

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by JungleJim99, Sep 20, 2008.

1. JungleJim99

JungleJim99

Ratings:
    +0
    A friend is trying to decide if he wants to buy Race 07 and would like to play a multiplayer game with me to aid in his decision-making process. So I am trying to either setup a dedicated server (using the Race 07 Demo Dedicated Server app on Steam) or host a multiplayer game so that we can play against a few AI-controlled cars. I seem to be able to host a game with AI cars, but my main questions revolve around the key commands that I have access to as the host for the game.

As a trial to see how the process worked, I created a game with 10 AI cars and ran a few practice laps. I crashed pretty hard about halfway around the track and rather than limping back to the pits, I tried to press the ESC key and just select 'Return to Garage'. When I did so, a message was displayed at the top of my screen - ESC 1 Return to Garage. The problem is that I never did return to the garage. What was I doing wrong?

By the way, is there a complete list of all the keyboard commands for both singleplayer and multiplayer games? There isn't a complete list in the manual and I haven't yet found one on-line.

Thanks for all your help!

2. Matthew Hardwick

Matthew Hardwick

Ratings:
    +4
    The message is telling you to hold ESC for 1 second to return to the garage.
    So, hold it down for a whole second...

:D

3. Rafael Barbosa

Rafael Barbosa

Ratings:
    +0
    In the beginning, I confuse it with too.:)

4. JungleJim99

JungleJim99

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently that was just a little too obvious......

Thanks for the help!