Resource icon

Tracks MSR Houston 1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
In addition to what ApexVGear said, there are a few other tweaks that need to be made...

1) Add a _1 to the KN5 file, as they said above (ex. msr_houston_1.kn5)
2) Go into the UI folder, open ui_track.json, and change the name of the track to msr_houston_1, just as above (this will stop CM from freezing when you try to launch it)
3) Rename/convert houston-msr-angelton-texas.jpg to map.png

It's super super rough, and I can't really go through Gut Check without falling through the map or being launched into the shadow realm by the right kerb, but I appreciate someone taking the time to make this track! Hope someone can pick it up and polish it a bit.

I was excited to see this version of our local track, but it is completely unusable for me. I don't know if this is the same version that is on a couple of YouTube videos, which looked decent, but when I load this version (after making the edits listed above), the buildings are just grey blocks, and there are no trees at all. The terrain also seems to be messed up, as there are crazy undulations that cannot be seen.

Applied the tweaks as recommended by SpeedyTurtle599 and the game loaded (only in Hot Lap Mode, couldn't get Time Attack to work). Overall I'm very excited as the only other MSR Houston map available previously was from RFactor 1 (So old).

This will now allow me to launch this track in a VR environment which is what I was after in the first place with my logitech wheel. Overall great 1st start and looking forward to someone taking a stab at improving this further.

In addition to what ApexVGear said, there are a few other tweaks that need to be made...

1) Add a _1 to the KN5 file, as they said above (ex. msr_houston_1.kn5)
2) Go into the UI folder, open ui_track.json, and change the name of the track to msr_houston_1, just as above (this will stop CM from freezing when you try to launch it)
3) Rename/convert houston-msr-angelton-texas.jpg to map.png

It's super super rough, and I can't really go through Gut Check without falling through the map or being launched into the shadow realm by the right kerb, but I appreciate someone taking the time to make this track! Hope someone can pick it up and polish it a bit.
This worked THANKS!!!!!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea