1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PC MP info from Twitter

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Michael Hornbuckle, Apr 29, 2014.

• Like Like x 4
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  1. Will people be able to see my custom skin.....

...the question on everyones lips...not!

Good info about the servers tho!

2. The guy behind Trading Paints (skin sharing service for iracing) was on the official forums a couple months ago giving hints that some form of Trading Paints will be available for AC at some point.

But on day one, unless you have already emailed your personal paints to all your friends you will only see stock. (or plain...won't know until Friday)

3. If they download it too, they will. :thumbsup:

4. First they need to get the basics of MP right. They need to provide a trouble/bug free multiplayer experience, with good netcode, no showstoppers etc.

If all that is in place, then, and only then, can and will they consider adding new features like auto-downloading skins/setups.

AC still has 5 years development time ahead. Enough time to get to perfection ;).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. they will never able to my private skin then if they must download the skin first :p

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Lets focus on the basics first (netcode) and worry about skins later I'd say.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

i can see people with custom skins causing a problem on friday. Just like it happened on rf2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I was being sarcastic. I would be happy if the cars looked like those funny boxes with wheels you see in rF2 - i just want to get on track!

9. Stop talking sense! I want everybody to bask in the glory of my hello kitty paint scheme!!! :p

• Haha Haha x 5
  10. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Well as Dave stated a few posts up, adding custom skins at this point is only asking for troubles :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I deleted all boring standard skins of all cars loool...
    Lets see if the game can handle it or not...

• Haha Haha x 2
  12. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

For private leagues servers, added skins should normally make no problem if they are also included in the server game and if all drivers have the same skin collection ?
    Using word "added" in place of "custom skins" intentionally of course.

Logically they might be visible for anyone who also has them. ( supposing the system may be compared with GTR2 or other previous sims )
    I hope so anyway. ;)

13. Dave Begley

Dave Begley
    Premium Member

its the initial release of the MP netcode and your talking about league servers??? Anyone considering starting a league this early is asking for trouble. We dont even know if it works yet. I think people should just wind themselves back a bit and wait and see if things work ok. Dont go jumping at the bit thinking everything is going to work as you think it will. Chances are that alot of bugs will be found in the first release and personally i would wait until atleast V 1.0 is out before doing anything except standard skin club races.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Chris Stacey

Chris Stacey
    Ted Kravitz Appreciation Society Staff Premium Member

Also, looks like we'll be getting a couple of screens today or tomorrow

Untitled.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jempy

Jempy
    Premium Member

Of course I know that Dave. ;)
    For once we need more information for something important, we get ... less.

The info above says too much or not enough.

Finally, I'd prefer less or no communication at all rather than have unsure news.
    We should get the surprise rather than trying to read between the lines and Kunos should work with less pression.
    World of ultra communication nowadays with its good qualities but sometimes its worse faults.... ... this last remark not because I'm older and against new habits but just a question of impartial observation.

17. awesome video, to bad I don't understand a single word...that Ferrari though :inlove:

BTW I really think we should have a news thread again, posts like this will be missed by many people...

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Surely they cannot mess this up now, Assetto Corsa has been a joy to play so far even in its early access phase.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1