1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

MoTec and the new Evo patch

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Steven Palmer, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Hmmm anyone else experiencing problems with Motec not recording any logs since the new patch has been installed. I 've tried a number of things in the .PLR file (now located in the My Documents right?) but can't get anything to work. Anyone any advice or better still the appropiate lines from your own .PLR file

2. working fine here without me changing anything

3. I remember that I edited my plr file to change the log directory (iirc it didn't contain the drive letter). Try an absolute path like C:\Documents and Settings\JohnDoe\My Documents\LoggedData.

4. I sorted it by trying many things. Here are the lines I have now:-

Data Acquisition Rate="10" // rates 1, 2 ,5, *10*, 20, 50, 100
    Data Acquisition In Race="0"
    Data Acquisition EXE="E:\Program Files\MoTeC\i2\1.0\MoTeC.exe"
    Data Acquisition File="C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\USERDATA\\vehicledata.spt"
    MoTeC LogFolder="E:\MoTeC\Logged Data"
    MoTeC Minimum Time="20" // minimum MoTeC recording time (sec)
    MoTeC Multiple Logs="1" // generate unique filename for each new log

Happy days now I can get back to trying to figure out what it all means :rotfl:

5. I'm not sure, because I use another program for data acquisition. There the option Data Acquisition in Race has to be set on 1.

6. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

That will be for realtime in race I assume Yves.

It will collect data in all over sessions by default. that option literally refers to Race sessions only.

7. I have motec i2 pro but dont no how to get it to wrk with evo. Is it any better than RTT?

8. Don't know mate only just begun to dabble in this "Dark Art" :confused2:

9. Motec is pritty stright forward to get to work with eiter Race 07/ GTR Evo / STCC.

10. Erm.. I don't think the .PLR file is in the Steam Apps folder anymore, it's moved to the My Documents\Simbin\Race07\UserDate\Your name folder ??

11. Thanks Jarrod, Gona give it a blast in the morning.

12. Yes it has moved but the pricapal is still the same.

13. 110% agree that the prinicple is the same, just that if someone wanders into this thread and see's the path in the quote, then they might be in for a lot of headscratching wondering why it still ain't working. :highfive:

14. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

with regards to the data acquisition in race. This is optional. It will record race sessions but will cause a performance hit on some machines and is only really usefull if you want to analise your performance post race.

To activate logging for all the other sessions you can leave the value at "0" and just specify any legitimate folder path for the logs. You will notice the default value is missing the drive letter from the path.

15. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

It also worked for me (changing paths), you:rotfl: genious!!