Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceRoom Sepang Preview 1.jpg

Following the sneak peak reveal earlier this week, Sector3 Studios have now officially announced Sepang is coming to RaceRoom, with plenty of new preview images.

The Sepang International Circuit has played host to Formula One Grand Prix since 1999, and in that time the event has gradually won favour with fans of the sport for its tendency to produce often dramatic and eventful racing action.

With the agreement to host Formula One Grand Prix ending at the close of this season, Sector3 Studios have moved quickly to announce the new circuit in time for the corresponding final Grand Prix this weekend, bringing yet another Formula One grade venue to the RaceRoom Racing Experience simulation.

Running at 5.54 km in length, the new track will be made available in three different variations when it is released later this year. The full length Grand Prix layout will join the shorter North and South variations, and thanks to the close working arrangement with Formula One track designer Herman Tilke, the new track has been designed from the original architects drawings, helping Sector3 produce what they describe as the "best possible accuracy of the layout and surroundings".

You can check out the preview images below:

RaceRoom Sepang Preview 2.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Preview 3.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Preview 4.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Preview 5.jpg
RaceRoom Sepang Preview 7.jpg

RaceRoom Racing Experience is a PC exclusive racing simulation available as a free to play base software with additional paid content available through the RaceRoom Store.

RaceRoom Sepang Preview 6.jpg RaceRoom Sepang Preview 8.jpg RaceRoom Sepang Preview 9.jpg RaceRoom Sepang Preview 10.jpg

Take your RaceRoom Racing Experience online with RaceDepartment. Check out our Club and League Racing sub forum for a great place to sample a popular and wide cross-section of cars and tracks from Sector3 Studios current racing simulation. As well as organised Club and League events, we also host a number of mods and car setups, plus a thriving sub forum dedicated to this racing title.

Happy to hear Sepang is set to join the simulation? Do you think the track will be a welcome addition to R3E? Any other tracks you would like to see added in the future? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
It's a great track both to visit IRL and hot lapping and racing in rF2.
In fact I can't wait to see how this looks on R3E vs rF2
Shame about them not hosting the F1 any longer as my wife and I have been to many races there. It's only down the road from me but family commitments this weekend mean I can't make the last F1 GP.
Still, Blancpain Asia race there so will be trying to get to that early next year instead.

Sepang is easily one of the best 'Tilkedromes', a very good track in its own right with some challenging corners to negotiate. It's a shame Forumla One is leaving it behind.

If RaceRoom's association with Tilke is going to bear more fruit then, as others have said, Istanbul Park would be very welcome indeed. Another good one is Motorland Aragon in Spain, a track that looks quite fun and would be a unique addition to R3E and sim racing in general.

I guess I'm one of the few whom quite likes COTA so fingers crossed for that circuit too.

If RaceRoom's association with Tilke is going to bear more fruit then, as others have said, Istanbul Park would be very welcome indeed. Another good one is Motorland Aragon in Spain, a track that looks quite fun and would be a unique addition to R3E and sim racing in general.

You have very good taste James. :)

I think you are probably one of the first I have seen publicly show some support for Aragon. One of the very seldomly discussed tracks, but probably in my top 2-3 that I would like to see in a sim. From the youtube videos I have seen of various kinds of vehicles driving around there, it looks like quite an enjoyable drive, and the landscape around it is quite appealing to me. After seeing a moto gp (or whatever the series is actually called) race there a year or two ago, I was hooked.

As far as other tracks, Istanbul is one of the others in my top 2-3. Enjoyed that track quite a bit in Race 07, and would love for it to get some extra love and be released in our modern sims.

Sepang in its own right is a fun track to drive. Lots of high speed corners that are going to require some throttle management in the 'non-downforce' cars that wont be able to keep the pedal floored.

Not all Tilkedromes are useless or a waste. I would say it's quite the opposite. Although, I certainly have nothing nice to say about Sochi or Moscow. Those tracks are horrid.

• Deleted member 99238

Sepang I really liked it since the time of the Grid Autosport. Its short versions are very suitable for touring cars. Great track with lots of racing options.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back