More immersive pits mod

Misc More immersive pits mod 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
TheNuvolari submitted a new resource:

More immersive pits mod - Adds standing pitcrew members into the pits all the time instead of just for the pit cutscene

Have you also felt that the pits in Assetto Corsa were pretty dead with only the lollipop guys standing there?

I present you my little mod that adds more of the crew guys into the pitlane:
View attachment 632248
View attachment 632249
View attachment 632250
View attachment 632251

Umberto was right it kinda adds more to the pit shots as well :)
View attachment 632252
View attachment 632253
[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, mate, I installed the mod and removed the LAC mod that hides the pit crew but my pit crew seem to be non-existent. I even installed the original backup pit crew kn5 but still nothing. Any help?

Hey, mate, I installed the mod and removed the LAC mod that hides the pit crew but my pit crew seem to be non-existent. I even installed the original backup pit crew kn5 but still nothing. Any help?
Custom Shaders Patch options > Track adjustments > untick hide crew in practice/trackday mode

Also in CSP->track adjustments there is an option that hides crew in practice or track day.

Just noticed the extra crew and the lollipop guy from this mod don't have crew brands in their suits, could that be fixed?

Last edited:
Hey, just a quick question. When editing the pit walls, Garage doors and in general any area with a texture, how is it possible to have individual Pit sponsors? For example SVG in one pit and Wil Davison from ford in another. Do you need to have separate skin folders for each Pit? Please comment guys if anyone knows.

Thanks

Also in CSP->track adjustments there is an option that hides crew in practice or track day.

Just noticed the extra crew and the lollipop guy from this mod don't have crew brands in their suits, could that be fixed?
Well when I imported it they were also visible on crews that don't have any crew brand files with the default TEAM NAME and Brands_crew.dds so I decided to remove those as I don't really use them for a skin anyway, maybe I missed something how to hide it for those crew members that don't use this Brand crew model but as of now I haven't tried putting it back.

Hey, just a quick question. When editing the pit walls, Garage doors and in general any area with a texture, how is it possible to have individual Pit sponsors? For example SVG in one pit and Wil Davison from ford in another. Do you need to have separate skin folders for each Pit? Please comment guys if anyone knows.

Thanks
We can't edit garage doors and pit walls as they are the part of the track that possibly uses the same texture for every garage door and pit wall. Only things that can be edited and visible in pits (unless the track mod doesn't allow it) are the Pit props and the crew.

I have edited the current pit bay for Redbull with textures, edited for Garage door and Sponsors etc, I am just thinking if adding Ao plates in the Track KN5 file will make it possible to make each pit box its own. Without too much looking around i think each pit box only has a few textures that can be edited, I will look into adding sponsors on the actual building along the front of the Pit lane.

Do you think its possible?

Thank you very much for creating a pit crew, TheNuvolari

For some reason, the pit crew doesn't appear on all tracks, like Interlagos, only the one with the lollipop appears .On the other hand, in other circuits there are no problems.

I would love to know how to make the skins to be able to change the clothes, and for each team to wear a different uniform, as in the photos, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

I would like to recreate the uniforms of the mechanics of the 1994 season.

Thanks again. It's a great job

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2023.01.19 - 08.21.15.97.jpeg
    Desktop Screenshot 2023.01.19 - 08.21.15.97.jpeg
    186.1 KB · Views: 68
Thank you very much for creating a pit crew, TheNuvolari

For some reason, the pit crew doesn't appear on all tracks, like Interlagos, only the one with the lollipop appears .On the other hand, in other circuits there are no problems.

I would love to know how to make the skins to be able to change the clothes, and for each team to wear a different uniform, as in the photos, but I wouldn't even know where to start.

I would like to recreate the uniforms of the mechanics of the 1994 season.

Thanks again. It's a great job
That's because Interlagos pitlane is on the left and most Kunos/modded tracks pitlanes are on the right and those have different pitcrew models, I haven't made a custom .kn5 model for that yet.

For skinning the crew first open a car in CM showroom, click on Car Params (car icon), then tick 'Crew', they should stand around the car, click on the desired part of the crew model, click the three dots next to txDiffuse below the Textures tab, and export the suit into the folder of the car skin, then you can edit it.
Either this way or just download this handy pack https://www.racedepartment.com/down...it-pit-board-gloves-and-helmettemplate.15040/
edit the drivers_suit2.dds and save it in the skin of the car.

Last edited:
TheNuvolari updated More immersive pits mod with a new update entry:

Animation on its way but I need help

Hello my friends, work is going really well to bring you the next update featuring animated crew members!
You can see an example here (don't mind how his head is not where it should be lol)

However, when I move the character in Blender, then I export the .fbx to ksEditor it gets completely distorted. See how it looks when the character is not moved...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea