1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

More 3D simEd than BTB

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ebrich, Oct 18, 2011.

1. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

Not at all a BTB problem, except I wish to use it with BTB. Close your eyes Mr Moderator please.
    Downloaded 3D simED, to put a few corrections onto my track, and it will not run. I know there are lots of BTB bods who use 3D sim and I wondered if anyone had an idea as to (the eternal question) -Why?

Put the same question onto'The Pits' forum = 0.

Had ideas from Dave Noonan = came to 0.

Probably another program interferring?

Took out all usb devises - Switched off firewall and antivirus, and ran machine in safe mode =came to 0.

Do not get any error messages just - "3D simEd has stopped working. Microsoft will try and find the answer". Microsoft doesn't.

I can run 3D simEd version up to 1.8 fine but as soon as I try any version 2, it refuses to open.

If it comes to it I can run the prog on my wifes laptop but thats a bit of a pain and I would really like to find out, why.

2. Perhaps .NET framework needs updating?

3. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

Thankyou Ryan. I checked my auto updates and net framework was updated a week ago so I suppose its up to date. Looked in programs and have net framework 3.5 SP1 and net framework 4 client profile.

4. Ive noticed how since installing & registering BTB that my system seems to have updated .NET frame work to a similar level & Ive been wondering if any or all of the updates are necessary?
    As for your 3D SimEd issues ebrich, are you still on the sample (20day trial) version?
    [Just curious is all....]
    Only thing I can think of, for now, is that the 'trial period limit' is restricting it....
    BUT, Ive known of Mr Noonan to be MOST helpful ONCE he DOES catch onto problems & mishaps & advice in general....
    It's a tall ask but keep onto 'dropping him a line' & he will eventually get back to you & not quit until it's cured....
    The bloke from 3D Route Builder can be the same, & although it takes time for them to catch-up, it's nice to know that there ARE those out there that CAN provide 'olde worlde' service with modern technologies/services....
    Good luck with your answer/service hunt there

5. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

Yes and no Lee. As I have the 1.8 version, which is a patched 1.4 version, that works and there is no time limit on it ( I took it that as an old version its free?!) I have been tinkering with that. The 2.? trial version is on the laptop. The first thing I did when v2.? wouldn't open was to delete the v1.4 patched and redownload the v2.?
    Dave Noonan has been more than useful and if I could think of another question to put to him I know he will respond. So I'm pretending not to think about it tooooo much - waiting for that magical moment.

6. ebrich

ebrich
    Premium Member

Just as a point of interest, and as there is nothing new on the forum (everybody very busy building tracks I hope), thought that I would tell the world that the 'magical moment' has arrived and I've managed to get 3simED working.
    No fault of 3SimED but of my vista's DEP ( Data Execution Prevention) system not asking me if I really Really wanted to run a prog that microsoft hadn't verified. Probably my fault for running a registry clean some time earlier which deleted something it shouldn't have done! But all that is a bit beyond me.
    Anyway Dave Noonan said
    " I am surprised about this because I have DEP on my Windows 7 system. I think in your case a Windows .DLL used by 3DSimED has caused a DEP problem but I cannot be sure.
    It’s good to hear that your running!. "

Thats my threepence worth for a while as I'm goin try and get my head around 3SimED.