F1 2010 Montreal - Canada (Dry)

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Sorry to ask such a noob question, but does the track improve between P1 all the way through to Q3 for example? Does it get faster?

Also, for online games, does it take the charecteristics of time trial or grand prix mode.

I'm asking in this thread as i'm racing Montreal at the moment and using Andrew's setup i can get 1.17.425 in P1 with options in a Red Bull using xbox game pad. But wondered whether that time would be better the further into the weekend i get?

Thanks

Andrew's setup. Career year 6 of 7, Mercedes, legend, no assists, full sim. Qualification 1:15:762, pole. Race 1st,1:15:842 fastest.

Logitech Momo racing wheel.

Looks like low aerodynamics works quite well in this circuit (1,1)

I have a problem blocking. I use high pressure and medium disk. Do you think I could resolve this issue using medium pressure at least during the race?

Sorry to ask such a noob question, but does the track improve between P1 all the way through to Q3 for example? Does it get faster?

Also, for online games, does it take the charecteristics of time trial or grand prix mode.

I'm asking in this thread as i'm racing Montreal at the moment and using Andrew's setup i can get 1.17.425 in P1 with options in a Red Bull using xbox game pad. But wondered whether that time would be better the further into the weekend i get?

Thanks

That depens on,

You can make it like time trial setting; with tyre simulation and fuel simulation off. You can do 3 laps up to 100% races.
You can make the cars equal or like 2010, make a choice of the weather, realistic rules or reduced rules. You can put in
a qualification.

So it is up to you if you make it a grand pirx settings or time trial. :)

I just done a 1:14.0 with a Force India

All I did was use the fastest, lowest downforce quick setup, and then raise the ride height to 4..

Try it out and let me know if it works for u

The secret Setup :p

Here is my Multiplayer set-up
The setup is known for its very fast starts during a multiplayer race.
Some people wanted to know my secret now here it is

Fast starts works only in multiplayer or equal car setting

AERODYNAMICS
VALUE
Front wing angle
Rear wing angle
BRAKING
Balance
F 52% R 48%
Pressure
HIGH
Brake size
Standard
BALANCE
Ballist distribution
F 40% R 60%
Front anti-roll bar
Rear anti-roll bar
SUSPENSION
Front ride height
Rear ride height
Front spring stiffness
Rear spring stiffness
GEARBOX
Gear 1
125 KPH
Gear 2
156 KPH
Gear 3
186 KPH
Gear 4
217 KPH
Gear 5
249 KPH
Gear 6
284 KPH
Gear 7
318 KPH

Hey guys ! =)

that´s my 4th F1 2010 Video. 3 Laps in Montreal with Redbull and Setup made by Viktor Anderson. My best Laptime ever was a 1:11:9xx, but here I got 1:12:879.This Lap was also commented by me.
I hope you like it =)

All these Setups are Great but most of them doesnt works on Low Level cars like HRT etc.

used simon's setup with Virgin season one, and was really good. Since I am with Virgin, takes a bit of getting used to, as there isn't any speed in the car, so setup is more crucial. Anyhow, top 5-10 starting place is Awesome for me. BTW third time going through the career mode, first time with Virgin.

Here is my Multiplayer set-up
The setup is known for its very fast starts during a multiplayer race.

*snip*

Juul, I'd say you have far too much front wing there. You don't need that much for this track, With my setup below I got a 1:13.557 for qualifying in an online race on option tyres. And a 1:13.9xx lap time on Primes during a grand prix race with over 10 laps to go. All with Fuel & Tyre sim on, and only TCS on for assists.

Aerodynamics

Front Wing Angle: 1
Rear Wing Angle: 1

Braking

Balance: F 52% - R 48%
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Standard

Balance

Ballast Distribution: F 100% - R 0% - Changed from 90% that I posted last time
Front Anti-roll Bar: 11
Rear Anti-roll Bar: 11

Suspension

Front Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 1

Gearbox

Gear 1: 134 kph / 83 mph
Gear 2: 165 kph / 103 mph
Gear 3: 195 kph / 121 mph
Gear 4: 226 kph / 140 mph
Gear 5: 259 kph / 161 mph
Gear 6: 295 kph / 183 mph
Gear 7: 342 kph / 212 mph

Engine

Throttle map: fast
Fuel: 5 laps (qualifying)

Alignment

Camber front: -1.50
Camber rear: -3.00
Toe front: 0.10
Toe rear: 0.35​

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 232 87.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 48 18.2%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 37 14.0%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 39 14.8%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 70 26.5%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 89 33.7%