Modding Create Team Drivers.txt

Hey everyone. Might seem kind of weird, but since there's been workshop support, I've been modding me and my friends into the game as drivers, mechanics, etc. Now, I want to create a team and mod us into it.

I found the .txt where the starter drivers live for the created teams in each championship, but I can't figure out how to correctly modify it. If I just replace my new drivers into the Create Team Drivers.txt and then drop it into the modding/database folder, when I start a new game, turn on test my mods like I've always done, my drivers aren't the starter drivers for my new team. It's like it's not reading the .txt or something.

I've also tried to manually import the .txt into the assets.resources, which put my drivers in the game, but their names are just ".". Even the reserve driver is just "." even though I never changed anything with them. This is an awesome feature that I'd love to be able to really customize my team, but I just can't figure this out. Any help would be really appreciated.

For a couple screen caps that illustrates my problem, this was from my latest attempt where I did nothing but change the name of the first driver in the .txt and then upload it into the resources.assets.

Problem 1.jpg
Problem 2.jpg

Please help?

How I did this:

Download AssetBundleExtractor.
Download Motorsport Database Editor.
Search and export to text "Create Team Drivers" from the original Ressource.asset file
Open "Create Team Drivers" Text file with Database Editor.
Edit Names etc.
Import from text into resource.asset file.
Save file.
Copy resource.asset file to MM Data folder.

It's random which drivers are picked upon creation though as far as I have seen yet.
Game crashed when I deleted some drivers completely. Overwriting names etc. works though.

How I did this:

Download AssetBundleExtractor.
Download Motorsport Database Editor.
Search and export to text "Create Team Drivers" from the original Ressource.asset file
Open "Create Team Drivers" Text file with Database Editor.
Edit Names etc.
Import from text into resource.asset file.
Save file.
Copy resource.asset file to MM Data folder.

It's random which drivers are picked upon creation though as far as I have seen yet.
Game crashed when I deleted some drivers completely. Overwriting names etc. works though.

I ended up figuring this out last night. I've just been using notepad to fix things, but got real frustrated and got notepad++ because people said it's better. Got the compare plugin to see where I messed up, and it said they were encoded different. Changed the new document's to match the old one's, uploaded it to the resources.assets, and it works fine now. Real weird. Using notepad++ from now on! Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back