Mirror app or work around.

Hey guys, so i race without my mirrors turned on as they kill my performance. But stupidly in my opinion the virtual mirror doesn't work after you turn of mirrors. Is there a way to modify the files so that the virtual mirror works. or is there a mirror app floating around? i've had a look around but not found anything at all really.

The virtual mirror and mirrors on the car have exactly the same performance impact, whether you have 1 or both showing, since they use the same image, so the setting is combined.

Hmm, interesting. i would have thought the difference of 3/4 down to 1 virtual mirror would make a big difference.

I'm curious to know if there is a way to down the resolution of the mirrors like in some other games. that would be handy.

If you go in My Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\video.ini you can set mirror resolution, I believe the ingame 'quality' setting changes it already though so you might want to try the range of those to see what default values are (the high quality switch adds AA and PP effects to the mirror from what I can tell)

I've noticed very little performance difference from putting mirror at minimal vs. maximal settings, although that may be due to my GPU. (1-2 fps at most, and it looks way nicer)

Did you already control the used apps on screen, if you use some.

Some of them, not many, have more effects on FPS than imagined.
PP filters off is also a good way of saving FPS, in case of middle end PC config. ;)

Ive not seen any difference turning off pp filters. i can run decent settings. It's just the mirrors kill me. i'm going to install helicorsa today and see if that makes the difference.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back