Mini LFE or Aura?

So I'm looking to add some vibration to my rig, so I'm looking for some help.

I have £700 to spend to add some vibration to my system, I've been looking at the Mini LFEs and the Aura transducers, I can afford 3x Mini LFEs OR 4 Aura transducers which is best?

I've looked up online and I can get the Aura Transducers imported from the USA for $45 a pop, but shipping is $205, the total cost of 4x Aura's is £280 from USA (or £400 if I bought in UK), the Mini LFE's are £450 for 3, or I can get a bundle for £550 for 4x LFE Mini's and a Dayton SA230 amp.

Which is the better deal? 4x Aura Transducers and say a cheap amp for £350? or the 4x LFE mini's and the Dayston SA230 for £550, I've heard I don't need such an expensive amp?

Are the Mini LFE's better than the Aura Transducers?

There are so many variables with tactile (shaker type & number, amps, rig, placement, isolation, software etc) that I doubt you will get a definitive answer as to which is best.

I started off a few months ago with a similar intention to you, and have ended up with two Buttkicker Advances (one seat, one pedals) and a iNuke1000dsp amp, with the possibility of expanding in the future.

The ADX Maximus is similar to the Aura, (and for some preferred)and you could get 4 of those in the UK from ShakerCentre for £332 including postage.

The iNuke1000dsp amp is highly recommended for sim tactile because of the flexibility it gives in powering and controlling the shakers. They power two shakers each, so you would need two but can get 2 for £328 from Amazon or dv247/Music Store. You would need the dsp version NOT the non-dsp version.

So that is £660. You will need to budget for cables, nuts and bolts, software (SimVibe or SimShaker Wheels) and you should add some rubber isolation to get the best out of the shakers.

Your best bet would be to post your OP on the Tactile Immersion - General Discussion - Hardware & Software forum where people much more knowledgeable than me will be able to assist.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies