1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

MINI Cooper Challenge: 2.4 Hours Nürburgring Edition

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by RaceDepartment, Dec 20, 2012.

1. RaceDepartment

RaceDepartment
    Administrator Staff

View the Post on the Blog

• Like Like x 3
  2. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium Member

"hell" YA:) !

3. 144 minutes of driving? I hope my back can handle it :D

By the way, this must be the most radical genre shift ever. From Sim racing to Survival Horror.

4. When is this? I am seriously considering buying this game just for this race.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

We aim for mid/end January Jamie so we have enough time to do a pre-test event and also test if we can use the driver swap feature. If so we can almost double the amount of teams from 30 to 51 :)

6. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

But the world ends tomorrow. :(

7. Might give this a bash. Second RD event and it'll be an endurance race... 0.o

8. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Believe me, if you are going to miss out on this one, you have simracing issues :p. Driving the mini at night over the ring is awesome. Hard, as the ring itself is so nice, it distracts from time to time, but it is so amazing. Really.

If I did not own the game already, I would buy it just for this event. Epic....

• Like Like x 3
  9. Liam Jenkins

Liam Jenkins
    FSR Commentator

I'm half tempted to sign up for racing this...hmmmmm

10. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

I wouldn't miss this for the world! (Assuming the world doesn't end tomorrow as predicted)

11. Hope my bladder behaves

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bram

Bram

Yeah this is one of those races where you will have to hold on tight to those empty bottles on your desk. Or carefully plan those pitstops :)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mark Gormley

Mark Gormley
    #14 | The Silent Killer

Hoping for nearer the end of January as my exams finish on the 18th. Sounds like a great event, and I certainly wouldn't mind doing the full 2.4 hours.

Also be great to see as many RDMCC S6 comrades back again...

MINI TEAM....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jimi Hughes

Jimi Hughes
    RDMCC S6 Champion

my only input as to the race date would be that the 2nd weekend of January is the Autosport Show in Birmingham, I know many petrol heads and race fans will be there but whether or not that will effect numbers I dont know.

All I can say is whenever it is, I WILL BE THERE!

15. Will we be using full day-night cycle?

16. Anybody know if there exists a way to make a skin layer 'glow' for want of a better word? Would be pretty cool to have some neon-effect trim on the cars at night (plus it'd make the commentary team's job much easier when identifying teammates!)

17. "You are competing with 59 turbocharged Mini’s"

Is the webcode of GSC2012 the same like in rFactor?
    If yes, 60 cars + driver changes won't be possible. The limit would be 60 users on server. This includes the streaming-guys and spectators (driver-changes).

18. Bram

Bram

Its either 30 teams with two drivers or 50 teams with two drivers per car.

The track has 103 slots so that should be more than enough :)

But for performance reasons I think we should keep it civil :)

19. 50 teams with two drivers per car would be amazing if it does okay in the tests. I think driver switching is necessary for toilet breaks and such for sure though. ;)

20. Bram

Bram

The current issue is that it is not possible to do a traditional pit swap in GSC so only the hotswap feature is left to use.

This means drivers can swap all over the track which I find very unrealistic. However with some clear documentation to use this feature only during a pitstop could work.