1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Mika Häkkinen

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Mika Kerttula, Mar 3, 2014.

1. I watched Finnish documentary about Mika's way to twice world champion. I have watch many times Michael Schumacher and Mika's fights on tracks. Michael has said Mika was the best opponent for him. Mika's DTM seasons were nice to watch also. I think this first namesake for me "Flying Finn" needs own thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. :D

3. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Fair enough, but he's not really a talking point these days is he?

4. He can...here....

5. Interesting thing that you started this thread now. I was watching the 1993-1995 seasons recently, and I was never aware that he used to be so shocking at being lapped. Whenever a leader tried to lap him, you could almost guarantee a full lap behind the Finn.

Perhaps I never knew it because I only remembered his races where he almost lapped everybody else. He was just immense when he was on it...

6. I still find this incredible.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. This guy is a living legend. Too bad that he retired so early but I guess the Mclaren was too unreliable. Imagine Kimi and Hakkinen on the same team!

8. Mohameddo-san

Mohameddo-san
    F1 Sim Racer & #1 St. Bernard Lover on RD Premium Member

+infinity for this thread! :) :) :) :) :)

I am still speculating on which team to like more: Mercedes or McLaren.

I became a Silver Arrows fan after Hamilton left McLaren.

I base my team loyalty on Hakkinen's ties.

I even have my router's password based off of him.

What was so great was in 2001, a couple of weeks after 9/11, he made me very happy when he won his last race at the U.S. Grand Prix. :) :) :) :)

Anyway, Mika Hakkinen is a spokesman for Mercedes, yet, he associates with McLaren.

I don't know whether to like one or the other or like 'em both. I went over this on a thread in the past, but, I didn't clarify further till now.

EDIT - Sadly, I didn't get to watch him in DTM. :( :( :( :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Aidan Keranen

Aidan Keranen
    #4 2KF1 Racing RDGPC|LoL/RL Caster@AussieGamingTV Premium Member

He won a GT Asia race last year in a SLS GT3 with Erebus motorsport
    The old boy still has it in him :D

10. just testing mercedes the guy on back seat panicked little bit when Mika press gas pedal hehe