Micro Freezes in GTL

Tim Ling

It's a million-to-1 chance, but it just might work
Although my new card allows me to play GTL without crashing, I do get small freezes while racing. These vary in length from between 1/4 second to 2 1/2 seconds. The length of the freeze is added to the laptime, though I continue from the same position on the race track.

System:

Intel Core 2 Extreme 9870
AMD Radeon 6770
4GB RAM
Win 7 64 bit
GTL is the new Race Room version.

Have experienced something similar. Two suggestions: since this is usually about disk access during racing (an ill-devised coder technique if there ever was one!) try without replay recording, and in the track's aiw file, set 'DelayPitCrewLoad=0' to 1.

Just to further this topic, it seems that the problem lies with the fastest lap replays. After running a few races with the race being recorded, both on and offline, I've had no issues.

I'm guessing that the freezes are caused when GTL has to save the hot laps while the race is on-going, while the race replays seem to be saved when the race has finished.

Nah, the pc is fine Ian (Core 2 Extreme Quad core running slightly o/c at 3.05 ghz, ATI 9770 and 4gb ddr2 ram), though I am hopeful of an upgrade :)
It could have been the hdd, but I've installed GTL on a WD Raptor now, so hopefully that will help. Very tempted by an SSD now the prices are dropping.

TBH I did have a very full replays folder, which also wouldn't have helped.

Pfft. "fine". You need to swap that 6770 for a.. make that.. two 6970s and have three Dell ultrasharp U2711 w/ this eyefinity stuff!
You also need a CPU that can clock up to at least 4GHz and has 6+ cores!
8GB+ RAM too. ;)

There is so much potential here! :D

(Do not take this the wrong way, I myself only have a Phenom x4 9950BE @ 3GHz, 4GB DDR2-1000 and GeForce GTX460 768MB)
(Your rig is actually fine, and mine is fine, and I am just having a little fun with the "sneak some upgrades past the wife" stuff.)

I was rather thinking of something like this :D http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=BU-063-OE The only problem is I do want 8gb of ram, so that's going to seriously affect the o/c I think. I'd like to stick an ATI 6950 in there, but I'll probably go with a 6870.

And while I would love a triple monitor setup, I don't have the room, so this will have to do lol http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-061-AC&groupid=17&catid=1120&subcat=

What's that ringing noose I can hear? Oh, it's the alarm clock, I must have been dreaming :rolleyes::tongue:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back