Mexican Grand Prix: Friday Practice Result

Well, Lh was maybe a bit fortunate not to get a penalty - but, if they gave LH the same penalty as MV (5 seconds) for going off-track, he would have still easily won the race.

I am preeeeetty much sure they said "Max give back the position"
they didnt, they assumed he'd have to give the position up (bc it was that obvious what the correct action was..). the wording was more like "you'll have to give back the position" -- which turned out not to be the case.

apparently ferrari told vettel max had been instructed to give position which was false & led to a lot of misdirected anger from vettel.

i'm a ferrari fan & ill absolutely call max on his BS but he was totally in the right this race, only guilty of some bad driving at a couple key spots, which cost him appropriately. but the issue here was with whiting & race control.

It's ridiculous that Hamiltion don't get a Penalty there at first corner. It was his own mistake, no one forced him off the track. If he tried to get the corner, maybe some driver could have passed him.
Incredible that he got through with this. Why does a circuit have corners?

Irrelevant ! There was a SC just after it, so there's no point in talking about it ! Why did Sainz get a penalty on Alonso and not Verstappen when he pushed Rosberg in the 1st lap ?

:rolleyes:
14568128_1259847627406853_6688738525137570528_n.jpg
:laugh:

My insight: Max was wrong...period. He tried to defend Vettel's DRS (in which everybody knew he would not gonna make it), braked too late. Vettel already next to him and the only escape route was the shortcut through the grass. Team tells him that he has to return position, which he does not which is legit. At that moment race control did not sent out an penalty telling Max to return position. But the team knew there was an investigation and they were sure that Max would get a penalty...anyways.
Im not a Vettel or Max fan. Im a fan of good races wether its F1, Imsa, WEC or indycar. Max has to cool down. Right know he acts like a stubborn child who is not sensitive for any form of rules. But hen again...he's young.

For such a boring race, there was a lot of drama and things that need to be addressed

Firstly, penalties are so inconsistently handed out. It's a joke

Max becomes more and more of a ****ing twat everyday. Bumping Nico off at turn one and then cutting the track to gain an advantage, not relinquishing the position, and then trying to force Vettel into being passed. He deservingly lost the podium spot

Now Vettel needs to calm down a bit. Not so much with what happened with him swearing at Charlie, as I understand why it happened, but him moving under braking with Ricciardo was wrong (I've slated Max for this and I'll slate anyone else who does it). Was not good from Vettel and he also deservingly lost a podium

You may disagree with me but Hamilton should have probably got a 5 second penalty. He did gain an advantage doing the same thing Max did at the end of the race. Sure, the VSC and SC neutralised that but it meant he was under no pressure heading into turn four, a potential overtaking spot

Sainz deserved his penalty, don't get why he's trying to defend himself. You have mirrors for a reason, you don't need 360 degree vision

Hulkenberg over reacted to the Raikkonen incident, not really anyone to blame.

Guitterez, Pascal and Ericsson collided, racing incident, nothing more to say

Kvyat continues to baffle me. Like how the hell did he get a second chance. Got a penalty and rightfully so. You can't overtake people off the circuit. Shame the stewards couldn't recognise that with Nando at Austin

Overall, a really scruffy race. Not good at all for the so called best in the world

No, its not Irrelevant! Hamilton saved his first place till the SC came. If he had not cutted, someone could fought him.
Not only fought, if Hamilton would have made it correctly (assuming there would have been sand instead of grass), Hamilton would have been third after this corner, and that would have made a huge difference..this way he gained around 2-3 seconds over people who took the corner clean. Irrelevant, if there was a SC after. Would have made a huge difference if he would have ended up third behind the SC

He did not position his car directly in front of a competitor under braking. This is more squeezing a driver in the braking zone.
Disagreed. There is contact, even tho Ricciardo steers left (so away) from Vettel. Meaning Vettel got in the way (in front of) Ricciardo

Jean Todt is thinking about giving Vettel a 1 race ban for his language against race director Charlie.... This is not over yet. :D

He at least deserves a nice size fine. I mean you can't publicly tell the refs to "**** off" in any other organized sport, even if the league comes out and admits they blew the call in question.

It is kinda funny that all the Hamilton haters (usually Vettel lovers) used to say he whines all the time and what not, but Vettel has pretty much become the whining king on the grid.

Vettel is extremely frustrated at the moment.. A car which is not improving, a team mate who's faster than him on more than one occasion. Red bull has overtaken Ferrari, And than there's a young brat who's testing you like no one did before.

Than you lobby against that brat, so there's even a kind of verstappen rule, so you can pass that brat easier, and who's caught first on breaking that rule, Mr Vettel himself..

I can see why he's frustrated

I thought it was wrong of them to publicly release the radio message, I mean what did they expect? I'm sure drivers have said something along the same lines or even worse before... And releasing audio such as that doesn't really help the sport in anyway :/

(And at the risk of being labeled a "Fanboy" I am looking at this from am impartial view.)

Last edited:
For eaxample. In sucker. ..uh..I mean soccer... you receive a nice red card if you use such language to the referee. Why should that be different in other sports, like F1? In the past teams scrambled their messages, so no one could listen. It was at some time illegal to have data transmission between the car to the pit and visa versa. With the scrambled messages the FIA was not able to check if a message coming from the car or pit was just radio or data. I think when they opened the channels they also started broadcasting radio messages on TV.
Vettel surely isn't the happiest driver on the grid. He is struggling like Alonso did for many years.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back