Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Brendon Pywell, May 15, 2009.

1. gstaraz

gstaraz

Great Tutorial!
    very nice explaned :thumb:
    ...I really enjoyed watching it

Nerves of steel :)

Cheers

2. Ayce1955

Ayce1955

Thanks a whole bunch for this tut, RSoul. I've been trying to get merging down for some time with a project, and gave up because I just couldn't get it right. Thanks to you, I'm back on this track and it's now coming along nicely. It's a Highway loop, and the on/off ramps were not working. Now they are. :cool:
    The fun part is going to be getting the track line down.....there are 6 single tracks that need to be connected into 1 circuit, guess the rFactor AI recorder will be the best way to get this done.

3. miksg

miksg

Bobs Track Builder merge track

So i have a problem to merge tracks.
    I have BTB V0.8 and i cant merge main road with the crossroad! when i put terrain on main road the grass is on the cross road and i cant see it! Where should be road there is a grass! Is it possible to merge all cross sections together and then add a single terrain for all the track so the grass wouldn't be on the road? Track isnt imagination its from my home to my neighbor house! Iam making it for RBR! Its my first project and its hard for me! I have all the roads in the same level they arent cutting trough each other!
    Maybe i can send venue file for someone and get some help with merging tracks!
    So please help!

4. zaxxon

zaxxon

5. martinez

martinez

Please attach some screenshot, It's hard to guess what you mean.
    BTW, you can't merge two tracks for good in BTB (which means track's vertices cannot be "glued" together).

6. miksg

miksg

Thanks for help! I think i just need to work very hard because of the angle of the turn! OMG so much to do! But thanks!

7. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Licensed

Does anyone have any tutorials on merging tracks in BTB? None of the links on this thread are working for me since this website has been changed.

8. R Soul

R Soul

An old link contains the thread title, so paste the title into google followed by site:racedepartment.com

9. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Licensed

10. wildside

wildside

Can somebody re-upload those examples?
    They're outdated with an 404 error

11. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo Licensed

• Like Like x 1
  12. FerrariMan96

FerrariMan96

I think that merge.rar was the collection of video tutorials (made by RSoul i think?) involving merging vertices in 3DSimED to make a cleaner connection... not 100% sure though...

• Like Like x 1
  13. R Soul

R Soul

Considering the file size (>200MB) it has to be, since it's made up of video files.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo Licensed

Checked, it's the 3DSimed merge vertices. Funny, i was thinking of where that was, i needed it.. Lol..

15. Dusko Avramovski

Dusko Avramovski The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Licensed

wow mate that looks great! far better than i have anything done ever, and i thought mine was great!

I need to buy the original since the demo was out in several days.

I have problems with merging either, not that i cannot do it just ... its way complicated, rather than some options, merge, done - complete in one click - option etc. Nothing of it everything by hand :/ and its very hard for me, i get nervous at those parts :D

16. Dusko Avramovski

Dusko Avramovski The 1st MK Formula 1 rFactor Sim-Racing Champion Premium Licensed

this you did in BTB ??? how did u do that o.O

17. R Soul

R Soul

I didn't do it all in BTB. In that program I added surfaces so they line up, then in 3DSimed I deleted the overlapping triangles. I also used that program to merge the vertices. In BTB you can get them close, but their coordinates will differ slightly.

I don't know if my video tutorial is online at the moment. The previous link seems to be inactive.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kennett Ylitalo

Kennett Ylitalo Licensed

I've never bothered to do that, i know how to merge the "right" side but not the other where triangles won't line up..I've tried but UV mapping got whacked.

19. Erwin Greven

Erwin Greven

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. R Soul

R Soul

• Like Like x 2