1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

members in Australia/NZ?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Jack Clayton, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hi all,

after joining RD about a month ago, I can confidently say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the few races I have competed in (even though I have been at the back ;))
    the only problem I can point out, for me, with this community is the lack of available races for non-European or American users.
    the only races I can consider racing in is the Sunday morning races (9pm Australian time), unless I want to get up at 4am for the other races during the week...which I don't :p

so my questions are, how many members (if any) are from Australia/NZ and/or surrounding areas? and how many find this a problem?
    if there are adequate numbers, would it be possible to have, say, one night a week were a race could be set up for members on this side of the world?
    this would also be advantageous for members in Japan/China/Malaysia.

Cheers,
    Jack

2. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

3. @Rupe Wilson, that's excellent news. :)
    do you think that there would be enough members on this side of the world to have regular races?
    in Gunthar is still looking to set up races, I would be very interested.

4. No there's not, unfortunately. We tried a period with races to suit those in your area of the world and they simply didn't get enough interest. The same goes for the US region.

5. thanks Ross,

that is slightly disappointed but I thoroughly understand.
    looks like I'll just have to stick to the Sunday morning races then :D

it was worth a shot.

6. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Me again Jack.... Well after reading the Forums i came across this.
    posted by intel 48... I am a part of a group of 60 racers here in australia and NZ, we are still racing TOCA 3 and looking for a replacement game, http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/dedicated-server.50098/ ... myabe they need to hear about Race 07 etc... that would be nice to get them to come and race at RD.:)

7. Awesome finally some nz australian server