rF2 Megane Trophy @ Palm Beach - Saturday June 30th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Good race! has been a little rough at first and I had to run with the broken car (I don't know with whom I had the accident, sorry if It was my fault, but I think It was a racing incident).

But still it has been fun and I hope to participate soon.

I hope to have more luck in the next race :D

A good turn up :), best I have seen for the Méganes :):) but kept getting disconnected, probably because of the storm that decided to pick this time to make it's appearance. So was not able to race :cry:. Hope everyone had a good race and here's hoping that next time I will be able to join in. :thumbsup:

Had great fun although had some trouble getting thru the first chicane a dozen of times.

Race start was great came of the line quickly and gained a position in front of me soem guys had trouble getting thru the first chicane and had to be carefull go thru it with other lines I would normally take.
After a lap or so I was running in 3rd, a bit more later even 2nd. Later started making mistakes in the first chicane. First time dropped back to 4th with Frederic closing the gap. At the end of the straight into the corner her ran into my back, but I could keep the car in the right direction. Into the first chicane, I lost control of my car and almost span. Frederic was on the wrong side of me and we both went off. In my opinion a race incident. My suspension was slightly damaged, but not bad enough to make a pitstop. I rejoined as 6th and tried to get it going again.
Drove my laps and made my mistakes in the first chicane (all off them).
In the final lap I could see 3rd position and the fighting guys in 4th and 5th. Frederic was on my tail again. Going onto the finish straight he tipped my back again which made me go off, so instead of finishing 6th it became 7th.. :p

Asusual Q in backfield had incident first couple of corners, summary: sucks to be me!!
Had a really nice time after race watching the replay, I tend to attent in the most spectacular crashes.
Nice to see that many ppl at the grid tho, keep that up.
Over and out, sleep well!

It was nice indeed. Had some issues (spend 260 seconds in pit), but was still fun.

The first corner incident needs some reviewing, will do that later on. A bit to much mayham to me.
Anyway, managed to miss out on the big bang, but when I passed it, I got smacked from behind, which made my car undrivable. Needed to do a pitstop (first 110 seconds), so started with 2 laps behind.

Got back on the grid whilst Bjorn was still in the pit, and managed to get 2 laps around before he came back on the track. We had a nice fight (although we had a 2 lap difference), and enjoyed it very much. I managed to pass him, and stay in front, but got over confident, and hit the throttle to soon coming out of a corner. Backend went wide, and I hit a wall :( Needed to do another pitstop.
Fun thing was, that I was in pit for 2 laps, and when I got out, I got right on the tail of Bjorn again, only now we where in the same lap. So I pushed hard to get closer, but could not get to him. Had to mind MrC as well, as he was coming up on my behind.

All in all, I had great fun. 15 guys on the grid is a very nice turnup!
Thanks for the racing guys!

Good fun although a little lonely.

Qualified 4th, which I was surprised of on a 15 car grid, I'm usually around the middle of the pack. The extra practice must have paid off ;)

I new I would have a bad start, as I always do (could do with some tips there), so I had 2 cars overtake me before the 1st turn.

I had a brain fart before the first corner and though it was turn 3 for some reason, so went really wide and then came back on the track on turn 2 very carefully and gradually as not to cause havok with the other cars. Although I'm sure it made it more interesting for the other drivers. In hindsight I should have cut both corners without gaining an advantage.

This put me in 8th place and within a lap I have David gaining on me fast. I thought it would be best to let him by early, as he was must faster than me in qualifying and he would put some pressure on the guys ahead so I could catch up.

So now I'm in 9th place with no drivers to battle with, so just had to keep calm and stay consistent as there was plenty of time left in the race. Every other lap there seemed to be an incidents, so gained places without even challenging anyone for a pass. Eventually coming 3rd! :cool:

Just to say thanks to the guys who had incidents that came carefully back on the track, or who didn't attempt to move until passed, when stranded in the middle of the track. That wouldn't happen in a public room.

So i was just scouring around the rF2 lobby then noticed the RD server with a good gathering forming up, so i sneaked in under the fence without signing up.......
Mooched for a setup and Marco sent me his and i instantly felt very comfortable with it so by the end of practice i got to within a couple of 10ths of Esteve, i'm thinking maybe a nice front two rows start so pole was a surprise :).
My start was probably average but it seemed to keep my nose in front arriving at T1, i could "hear things" in both of my blind spots just behind, i picked my braking spot as late as i dare and turned in........took a nudge and knock or two putting me across T1, a little bit more morse code on the back end at T3(L) but just held it on track, came out the exit of T3 in 4th place just in time to see the 2 guys just ahead tangle up and go off to the right, the chase was on to catch Stefan in the lead with Eddie hunting me, Stefans pace was good though so if i made a little bit somewhere he would respond and cover it off, usually in the last sector.
But then at the turn leading to the back straight he spun around and i was through to the lead for free, it was fun building some gap and watching the times shift around as they fought behind me, then more fun easing off a bit and controlling the gap to Wim in 2nd.

I've never felt the Megs as nice as on that track with Marco setup so the combo really deserved the good turnout on the grid, maybe another update or two and rF2 will start to properly launch in to life!!.
Many thanks Marco & RD for the lovely event and of course, the lovely setup.

Got my car damaged during the 1st corner mayhem (eventough I drove very defensive I was hit by a person as I see it) and could only fulfil 8 laps:( . But I had a great time practicing before that so all in all it was a fun event!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back