rF2 Megane Trophy @ Nogaro 2009 - Monday January 31st 2011

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Apart for the stupid mistake I did in the first lap of the first race and the accident I have in the lap after that, it was very enjoyable and fun, for sure! :)

I couldn't keep pace with the fastests guys, so, a 9th place sounded good for me. This car is very wild, wilder than I could remember - or maybe I got too much used to GT's and touring cars like Clio, Fiesta Cup and similars - and I had a nice and clean last laps with William. For a first race here, I think it was good, as a final judgement.

Looking forward to next week, Adam, how about this one? Might be a bit fast: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Taruma

I'd highly recommend this track. It's simple, but very nice to race there, for sure.

Cheers!

Yes, very enjoyable apart from suspension failure in race 2, possibly caused by putting the car on its roof.

Looking forward to next week, Adam, how about this one? Might be a bit fast: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Taruma

Was a spectacular flip from where I was sitting :tongue: and I'll take a look at that tomorrow :)

Certainly had a good pace tonight thanks to Kjell giving me a setup :)

Quali 1: Set a PB to take third.

Race 1: Slow start and had a bit of a tangle in turn 1. Got through it but was now in 4th. Dived down the inside of Kjell into the hairpin to take 3rd before reeling in Toby and Ben out front. Had a good view of those two, before Toby spun followed by myself a few corners later. I was still in second and stayed there till the end, despite a bit of pressure from Toby after the spins.

Quali 2: Smashed my PB on my first attempt and was another 3 tenths up on my 2nd lap but slid a bit out of the final turn and lost the time. Never got close to it again and ended up 4th (would of been 3rd without the slide)

Race 2: Slow start but held 4th into turn 1. Got past Ben when he half spun it but then hit the curb in T6 and half spun myself. Dropped right back and had to fight my way back through. Made a few more mistakes and eventually ended up 7th. Wish I didn't make that mistake at the beginning because the battle at the front looked intense and I could well of been close to it, if not in it.

Thanks guys for racing :)

Well that was a good illustration of how much I still have to learn about driving fast, Struggled to break 1:37 for most of practise, though by the end, I got down to low 1:36's.

First race was quite good got a good clean getaway and squeked through the first corner mix up and found myself in 5th for a time, though I couldn't hold the faster guys off for more then a lap or so and I soon slipped to 10th, from then just plodded round, then I went off and bent the steering, and had to fight that all the way to the end.

Race 2 not so spun off a few time and dropped right back, then went off on lap 3 and did some heavy damage, decided it wasn't worth fixing it since there was no chance off catching up so I called it a day then.

think next time I shall practise a bit more, that was quite a tricky little track I thought, and not the kind that suits my driving style, bit too twitchy for my liking. Still a good experiance though, so thanks to all for the meeting

David it's all practice. Basically you want to go through a corner at the highest possible speed but without A) running wide and B) not using all the track while on the limit of grip. If you aren't using all the track then you could have gone faster. The same applies to braking - if you miss the apex then you braked too late, so brake a bit earlier next time. The rest is just lines, maintaining momentum, and getting the power down, which is sort of a bit more advanced, and what separates the good from the Greg Degreefs.

By the way in R2 I had one of the best battles ever with Butch and Phillips. I honestly enjoyed myself a hell of a lot, although I had to drive super defensive against Ben to stay ahead, but in the end I managed it.

Well had a good time overall. I do still think we could be cleaner on turn 1 in all events. Can't win on lap 1 turn 1 guys. :) Snatched a 11th place I believe in R1 and in R2 almost had 9th from Carlos but went to fast into a turn on the last lap so decided not to push it and settle for 10th as opposed to loosing my ride. I personally would rather let the whole field pass me by than get into a reck or cause one. Was a really hard start on R1 but R2 was a bit better. Thanks for the race Adam, will be looking forward to your next race post.

Really fun races,

Cheers guys!

Indeed I had a lot of fun yesterday evening racing with you guys. I was a little disappointed that the grid was not so numerous as "signing up" presaged but I quickly forgot about it when battle began:) Especially second race was excellent - mainly because of my accidental third place:D Most of the race I was holding fourth position watching Toby, Ben and Chris fighting in front of me. Men, it was quite a action movie with many twists;) I regreted that I don't have popcorn and cola at hand - I had very front seat to watch it:) I came into the fight only for a moment when Ben fell behind me but when he overtook me after lap or two I was resigned to end up fourth. And then! - on the last lap Ben and Chris come 2-wide of the last corner of sector two (I saw no contact between them), Chris flies to the grass, comes back, spins and stays behind. After that I earned not very deserved position third:)
That's racing:)
Greetings mates and till next time:)

Without TC is faster, and if you're using TC with any mod then shame on you for taking the easy option and not learning how to be smooth on the throttle :p

Yes, I agree.
I do race anything now with all assists off. Its gotta be a year since I raced the meganes, and at that time, the team I race with regularly decided to go with TC allowed :wink:

Now, I prefer all assists off, more of a challenge, and more fun to boot

How it was in Racing Club Rules?

The first rule of Racing Club is: you do not talk during Racing.
The second rule of Racing Club is: you DO NOT talk during Racing.
Third rule of Racing Club: If someone flies out, spin around, hit the wall and it's your fault - wait for him
Fourth rule: no track cutting
Fifth rule: no unfairly blocking
Sixht rule: the races are bare knuckle - no TC, no helps, no assists,
Seventh rule: races will go on as long as they have to
And eight and final rule: if this is your first time at Racing Club - you have to race.

Eee... No, I think I confused it with rules of some other Club... Anyway - TC sucks, I hate to share my control of traction;-)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back