McLaren-Honda line-up for 2015 announced

I wonder if in the next couple of years Ferrari, Mclaren and maybe Williams will be battling it
out for the title, just like the good old days.

I wonder if in the next couple of years Ferrari, Mclaren and maybe Williams will be battling it
out for the title, just like the good old days.
That would be nice, but seeming unlikely that only those 3 will do so, if they do ;)

Mercedes are as ever looking very string with the current power units in F1, and have such a huge gap to the rest of the field. Maybe Honda may challenge Mercedes, but most likely Mercedes will be up there with whoever else is there too ;)

• Deleted member 130869

It's not just engine power. The BIG advantage for Mercedes was combining the ERS into the system unlike everyone else that has separate units. Of course they had a few reliability gremlins but their benefits far outweigh the cons, unlike McLaren in 2005 and Red Bull in 2009 (fastest cars but not able to capitalize).

It bothered me a bit seeing respectable broadcasters like the folks from - now - NBCSN like Steve Matchett putting so much emphasis on engine name alone and forgetting the aerodynamics and the pairing of the cars working well with the tires and suspension. They'd be shocked to see a Red Bull beating a Mercedes powered car, or Ferrari, for example. Very Enzo Ferrari-like mentality :p.

It would be awesome to see Williams improve further and then McLaren rebound from another atrocious season, wouldn't it? :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back