1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

McLaren early season version

Discussion in 'F1 2015 - The Game' started by ichu26, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Is it any way to have early season livery of McLaren car with patch included. If it's possible could you tell me how to do it. I don't like the new one, but I want to have the new version of other cars like Force India or Toro Rosso.

2. By removing the game, press the Settings button on opponents. It asks if you want to download the update data. Press "continue without upgrade". It's that easy. :)

3. If he does that though he wont get any if the patches, which is what he's asking for, just with the old McLaren livery. Unfortunately as far as I'm aware because of the encrypted files that prevent modding its not possible.

4. its probably possible if you reinstall the game without it updating by taking the mclaren files out before allowing steam to update. Only thing is who know what files you need.

5. I want to use the old McLaren as well, is there any way to get the version 1.0 if you bought the game on Steam? I redownloaded it but it is always the newest version :(

Is there any other way to get Version 1.0 or the old livery??!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  6. Legal way: disc
    other way: yarrrr

E: Is there really a way? I don't see any files being associated to that changed between pre-patch 1 and the patch from yesterday *shrug*
    E2: Ah, could be I missed the last few patches as I didn't play and update the game for a while.

If so, I think it is \Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\idf\mclaren.idf.render.erp
    and / or
    \Steam\SteamApps\common\F1 2015\f1_2015_vehicle_package\teams\mclaren\wep\mclaren.wep.erp

btw: Marussia, Williams and McLaren seem to be the only one being touched at all, so new Force India and Toro Rosso? I don't see something about that.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  7. "btw: Marussia, Williams and McLaren seem to be the only one being touched at all, so new Force India and Toro Rosso? I don't see something about that." Toro Rosso.jpg Force India.jpg

8. Where did you get these "old" files?