• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Skins McLaren 650S GT3 - Scuderia Segafredo 2.0

McLaren 650S GT3 skins

1. joostingh

joostingh

Ratings:
    +35
    joostingh submitted a new resource:

McLaren 650S GT3 - Scuderia Segafredo - McLaren 650S GT3 skins

Read more about this resource...

2. speedyx56

speedyx56
    Premium

Ratings:
    +341
    Looks cool, I like it. :thumbsup:
    Mistakes I could see when I checked it out in the showroom :
    - the cockpit side of the windshield wasn't retextured and thus you get the default McLaren logo when inside the car
    - the non-.dds carbon_occlusiont and tyre_d are useless since they are not read by the game
    - you wrongly used the carbon_occlusiont and thus lost the AO baking and the nice carbon tiling you get by default

I suggest you take a look at the .psd files for my Bellin livery ( http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/18-mclaren-650s-gt3-bellin.13810/ ) for the missing windshield file and for how to use the tiling textures which are applied to carbon_occlusiont.dds and to skin.dds.
    AC has some pretty cool features when it comes to texturing though they are tricky to get used to when you come from older games. :)

3. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel

Ratings:
    +8
    But its no misc, it's a skin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. joostingh

joostingh

Ratings:
    +35
    Indeed, but I don't know how to change that... Do you know?

Update
    RD helped me and now it is in the correct category :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  5. joostingh

joostingh

Ratings:
    +35
    I will check your PSD and change the stuff. Thanks for now and I will make an update!

But I also have a question: how do I use the carbon from the metal_detail on the skin texture? I understand that it is used also for the carbon_occlusion_map

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. speedyx56

speedyx56
    Premium

Ratings:
    +341
    Everything in the alpha channel of skin.dds that is painted black will use metail_detail.dds, everything in white will use skin.dds. Metal_detail.dds can be anything (carbon, metallic paint, patterns, ...) as long as it tiles. For this reason it's usually better to only have the AO baking without any paint for any part that will be overwritten by metal_detail.dds. If you put stickers on these parts, they need to be in white in the alpha channel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. joostingh

joostingh

Ratings:
    +35
    Nice! I will try this and update my car :)

8. joostingh

joostingh

Ratings:
    +35
    joostingh updated McLaren 650S GT3 - Scuderia Segafredo with a new update entry:

Slight changes

Read the rest of this update entry...