McLaren 650S GT3 - Scuderia Segafredo

Skins McLaren 650S GT3 - Scuderia Segafredo 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Looks cool, I like it. :thumbsup:
Mistakes I could see when I checked it out in the showroom :
- the cockpit side of the windshield wasn't retextured and thus you get the default McLaren logo when inside the car
- the non-.dds carbon_occlusiont and tyre_d are useless since they are not read by the game
- you wrongly used the carbon_occlusiont and thus lost the AO baking and the nice carbon tiling you get by default

I suggest you take a look at the .psd files for my Bellin livery ( http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/18-mclaren-650s-gt3-bellin.13810/ ) for the missing windshield file and for how to use the tiling textures which are applied to carbon_occlusiont.dds and to skin.dds.
AC has some pretty cool features when it comes to texturing though they are tricky to get used to when you come from older games. :)

Looks cool, I like it. :thumbsup:
Mistakes I could see when I checked it out in the showroom :
- the cockpit side of the windshield wasn't retextured and thus you get the default McLaren logo when inside the car
- the non-.dds carbon_occlusiont and tyre_d are useless since they are not read by the game
- you wrongly used the carbon_occlusiont and thus lost the AO baking and the nice carbon tiling you get by default

I suggest you take a look at the .psd files for my Bellin livery ( http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/18-mclaren-650s-gt3-bellin.13810/ ) for the missing windshield file and for how to use the tiling textures which are applied to carbon_occlusiont.dds and to skin.dds.
AC has some pretty cool features when it comes to texturing though they are tricky to get used to when you come from older games. :)

I will check your PSD and change the stuff. Thanks for now and I will make an update!

But I also have a question: how do I use the carbon from the metal_detail on the skin texture? I understand that it is used also for the carbon_occlusion_map

Last edited:
I will check your PSD and change the stuff. Thanks for now and I will make an update!

But I also have a question: how do I use the carbon from the metal_detail on the skin texture? I understand that it is used also for the carbon_occlusion_map

Everything in the alpha channel of skin.dds that is painted black will use metail_detail.dds, everything in white will use skin.dds. Metal_detail.dds can be anything (carbon, metallic paint, patterns, ...) as long as it tiles. For this reason it's usually better to only have the AO baking without any paint for any part that will be overwritten by metal_detail.dds. If you put stickers on these parts, they need to be in white in the alpha channel.

joostingh updated McLaren 650S GT3 - Scuderia Segafredo with a new update entry:

Slight changes

I've made my first livery for Grand Prix 3. After some help from my friend Niels Tieman (Gallery82) I never stopped editing texture and creating new car liveries.

This is my latest car and the first to be on RaceDepartment. If you have comment or see something that isn't correct. Please tell me and I will try to change the fault. When you like it also please let me know.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back