• Racing is not a matter of life and death. It's much more important than that!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Mazda open wheel car - anyone drive this?

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by SnappyDEe, Jan 9, 2016.

1. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +297
    Does anyone drive this car? If so, do you have a decent setup that would be manageable for someone just starting out in this car?

A lower tier GP car can't come soon enough to iRacing. Would love to see a Mini cup car or Clio cup car as well.

2. Troy Eddy

Troy Eddy

Ratings:
    +14
    I have driven the Star Mazda, but not in a while. There used to be good setups on the forums, haven't checked in a while.

My suggestion is the Skip Barber. It is a lot of fun to drive and there are races every hour. The races I run late night east coast time are always really clean also. If you need a setup, let me know. I have one that I use everywhere no matter what the weather. Check the forums, there is a good setup guide in there.

3. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +297
    I'll have to take you up on the Skippy set-up you have. I only did one race last season but I have always liked that car. You gonna race at Spa in our GT3 series this Sunday?

4. Troy Eddy

Troy Eddy

Ratings:
    +14
    Yes, I plan to be there Sunday, and I have another friend or 2 that might join also.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +297
    Excellent! Looking forward to it.

I better practice.:)

6. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium

Ratings:
    +256
    I drove the star mazda recently when they were at the Nurburgring, was a blast, they handle very well and more grippy than a long time ago when I raced them full time. I also look forward to the Renault's that are coming soon. I like spec racing cars a lot, at least when I lose I know at least the driver was mostly better than me, haha.

7. Dave R

Dave R

Ratings:
    +177
    I'd love that Skippy setup as well Troy. When are the Renaults supposed to come out?

8. SnappyDEe

SnappyDEe

Ratings:
    +297
    Jumped into a practice session for the official series today. Just a few laps but the car felt much better than I remember. Lots more grip but still challenging. Must be really nice with a close grid of drivers. I'm liking it.